Welcome to the Forums

Today the $50 off on the WIFI model just began. Net difference is only $20 vs. bluetooth. Am I willing to wait until October? Hmmmm.

Jim W.

Hello everyone! Iā€™ve just pre-ordered the wifi model. Iā€™ve been tempted by sous vide cooking for years but never invested the money into a setup. Iā€™ve thought about building one years ago using an watlow PID, relays, crockpot, etc but that never came to surface. Any suggestions on the first or second meal? Iā€™m thinking about picking up a beautiful wagyu steak from a local butcher for breaking in this new gadget. On the other hand, would something that special be a little risky to cook for the first time?Ā 

Steak turns out great every time and is not risky. Make sure you sear it well and adequately season.

Chicken is probably my favorite as a first-go to , but Iā€™ve been slowly converting to Corn on the cob.Ā 

Sous Vide Self-Buttering Corn on the Cob

Blew my mind how delicious it was!

Hi, Iā€™m Brad. I havenā€™t purchased yet (Iā€™m an aussie so currently the price is quite high for us), but will be doing so in the near future if there is another discount code or if the aussie dollar gets a bit healthier so the exchange rate isnā€™t so bad.Ā 

Iā€™m looking forward to doing sous vide steaks, and also am really keen on trying a sous vide BBQ ribs recipe I found online. I have a smoker which I use quite a lot but it will be interesting to see if the ribs come out comparable in flavour & texture to being cooked in a smoker, which will mean a lot less messing around and not having to fire up the smoker all day for a few racks of ribs!

Hi Brad, Iā€™m another Aussie (Perth WA), I got lucky and got mine last Christmas when the local dollar had a bit more weight. Having used it for 10 months now I can safely say without hesitation that I would not wait. I wouldnā€™t be happy about paying a high price but I would still pay it, and Iā€™m by no means wealthy. However, if budget is a severe limitation, there are other ways to get into cooking sous vide - I started with a slow cooker and $30 worth of parts from eBay. But the Anova is the gold standard and once you get one you wonā€™t look back.

Hello! My name is Chantel, and Iā€™ve pre-ordered the WiFi precision cooker, so Iā€™m very excited to get started when I get the PC.Ā 

Iā€™m actually really excited about sweet applications - caramelizing white chocolate, making ice cream base and creme brĆ»lĆ©e, etc etc. But also a lot of red meat. :slight_smile:

Good evening. Ā My name is Mario and I have been enjoying sous vide cooking for a few weeks now. Ā I first started using a deep fryer with water to see if sous vide would be something I would be interested in. Ā Next thing I know I am waiting anxoiusly for my Anova Wifi Precision cooker. Ā I have only a few sous vide cooks under my belt with the Anova, but I hope to have many more.

Hello everyone! My name is Ash. I am just starting out in culinary (4 years experience) and I wanted to get a sous vide to broaden my skill sets and of corse to have fun and cook great food! I received my wifi PC about 2 weeks ago and being that I love a good steak the first thing that I decided to cook was a beautiful ribeye. I went to my butcher and got two. I ended up cooking them with some garlic, thyme, rosemary, and black pepper corns. The end product after searing in butter was absolutely the best steak I have been able to cook at home!
The attached picture is the finished steak! Canā€™t wait to make some cherry infused burbon when cherries are in season!

Thank you guys.

Looks delicious. Keep posting as you explore different recipes.

Hi everyone, my name is Paul and I just started learning sous vide. So far, so good. I look forward to learning more through the forums.
Paul

1 Like

Ditto.

Hello, how are you all! My name is Anna and I have some experience related to specialized cooking processes such as Sous-Vide.

I have worked with people that are experts in the food safety sector and Iā€™m here mainly to learn from the community and support everyone who has concerns about a specific topic.

Welcome to the Anova forum. The members here are a mixture of very experienced cooks and relative new comers that just got the machine with many in between.

1 Like

Glad to have you here Anna!

1 Like