How to save a personal recipe? How to precisely set the timer?

Hello all, this is my first post. I’m performing some tests with my just arrived Anova, Tested various poached eggs and found my preferred settings, I need 13 minutes timer with 167° F and it seems possible only to set 10 or 15, so I have to start from 15 and put the eggs in the water when the timer is at 13. Can someone suggest an alternative solution? Is it possible to save my settings in a recipe to automatically start that from the app skipping the manual settings? I searched trough the forum, manual and FAQs and I’m not able to find a solution. Thanks in advance for every suggestion

1 Like

With the Anova, we need to think in longer time frames. For poached eggs I do 143.5F for 45 minutes. You then can break the egg over a slotted spoon and the poached egg just falls out. A big plus is that the exact time doesn’t matter at all, they will still be perfectly poached at an hour and a half.

I put my eggs in a baggie since some eggs have a crack that clouds the water.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I have tried your settings and the result is very good, but I found that my preferred texture was that one, found following the recipes from the sousvide website and suggested by a professional. In every case I’d love to save my settings to perform an automatic cooking as with the recipes on the app. Bytheway I’m very happy with my new Anova. Thanks again.

1 Like

Eggs are something where time matters, at least it does to me. I’ve taken to using other timers in the house seeing as the Anova app only allows 5 min increments.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I think that a different timer is a simple and perfect suggestion, and it’s a phone app too! Thanks again