Additional fees demanded by DHL

I ordered an Anova last week, and chose the DHL option. I get a call from DHL today demanding an additional RM240+ before they will deliver the item to me - they say this includes import duty (RM138.06), GST (RM49.70) and a “processing fee” of RM53. This comes to about 80 Singpapore dollars, about half of what I paid for the Anova. I feel that Anova should inform their customers about this up front before we order. I don’t mind paying the GST but I’ve never heard of kitchen appliances being subject to almost 20% import duty. I feel like I want to reject shipment and demand a refund.

One unhappy customer.

Hi @iskandar_taib sorry to hear about that! Please contact support@anovaculinary.com and we can see what we can do to help!

It would be nice if this information were displayed prominently on the ordering web page. I probably would have decided not to purchase if I knew I’d have to pay an extra 30-40% of the ordering price in taxes and fees. I could have waited until sous vide gadgets started showing up in appliance stores (as they will probably do in a few months).

I bought mine last year and went through the same thing… On top of that, SIRIM Department also charged me RM106 processing fees to clear at the Customs. Ended up paying almost twice the cost of the ANOVA itself… While I’m hugely shocked at the amount I had to pay, I just blamed myself for not doing my homework on Malaysian import taxes.
However, despite all these setbacks I feel it’s still worth the sum I paid and I have been using it almost everyday and loving it. :smile:

Well… that sucks? I just made a purchase, Is kind hard to know how much is the import duty as Malaysia don’t have a place to check properly. Now I need to pay additional RM112.

I got that same call from DHL today, asking to pay import duty/gst worth SG84 (RM263).
This information should have been provided in your website, would have been a deciding factor.

Not happy.

Ahhh sorry you missed it :frowning: :frowning: - we do have a list on our website with shipping fees according to locale. https://support.anovaculinary.com/hc/en-us/articles/201725960-Where-does-Anova-ship-to-and-how-much-is-shipping-

After 4 years, and this problem still persist. Make it more obvious for the user, what a bad user and customer experience.

My shipping + duty + tax on the Anova Oven is >85% of the cost. Can’t really return coz I’ll burn the shipping. So just have to pay.

Apparently there’s a bilateral free trade agreement which Anova can apply with Malaysia for imports from Singapore or China. But guess Malaysia doesn’t have enough volume for them to do so.

Wow i got suckered too, saw they had promotion on the sous vide machine and i payed about rm946 and then rm 200+ delivery charges but today i also got shocked that DHL requested me to pay another rm300+ for the tax. ive bought many stuffs via online shops like lazada/shopee and alot of times they are from china or hongkong, but i never once got tax. seriously dont understand what kind of nonsense is this, should have at least inform customer first. Buying a rm900+ but got charged another rm500-rm600 , i feel like a sucker tbh.

Folks, you are buying internationally, does import duty et al not cross your minds? if not that is “user error” …just because item’s you buy from ali express (a subsidised service that in part because of its false inclusion as a “developing country” gets all sorts of tax benefits including postage) then more fool you (as the saying go’s)

Import Duty Calculator - SimplyDuty

sites such as the above proliferate, an easy keyword search.

If folk spent as much time doing a little bit of research for taxes / fee’s likely to be included as they did bitching & moaning then likely they would not be bitching and moaning at all due to being well informed & working the additional costs into the overall price.

Legwork, the very last time I ever researched a cheap flight for a relative for a trip abroad, broke down the costs, told them of exclusions & warned that the lowest price meant not refunds I was told to book it, a problem cropped up for them (illness & the likelihood of a cancellation, I got it full bore because they ignored the no refunds price option (for which others were given with solid insurance & rebooking gratis) …their ineptitude & casual approach meant I stopped helping numerous people get the best flight deals for travel from that point on, all work they COULD have done themselves but opted not to then bitched & moaned when hit with a problem they had cleared as “not important”