Alexa Anova skill now live!

Those of you with Amazon Echo devices and Wifi Anova Precision Cookers can now talk it up to your cooker: Amazon.com: Anova Culinary : Alexa Skills

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Congratulations.

2 Likes

EDIT: Linking failed from my iPhone but I WAS able to link the account from my PC web browser using the link above.

Thanks! Excited to use Echo with my Anova.

Tried logging in this morning but the skill would not link my account saying either my email and pw was incorrect. Used the SAME email and pw that works on the iOS Anova app.

Any ideas?

G’day MrTimmy!

The Anova account requires a password with a “special” character (like !?$&@ etc). Is it possible you are forgetting this when you enter the password?

If not, I suggest contacting support@anovaculinary.com, they should be able to assist with this issue.

Thanks for the suggestion, Walter. But no, my pw contains a special character and upper case letters too. The difference appears to be that entering the data on my iPhone popped an error while the EXACT same email and pw worked fine through a browser on my Windows PC. Go figure. :wink:

Anyway, it seems to be linked fine now. I’m going to use Alexa to cook some sous vide tonight!

T

1 Like

Cook up a storm mate!

I’m currently about 12 hours through some pork ribs. I recently bought an entire pigs belly to make some bacon (approx 8.5kg/18.7lb of bacon currently resting after curing and smoking) and stuck the ribs in the freezer. They were taking up too much room so I’m now cooking them, will also smoke them, discard bones, shred meat, add a dr pepper and home made chipotle sauce, and make nachos! (with home made mozarella)

I’ve done this before, and they are the best nachos I’ve ever had.

1 Like

I found that the capitalization of the username was causing me to fail login - on the Android app they were making the first letter of my email address upper case.

I have tried and tried, but the skill keeps telling my that I do not have a cooker on the account, though I am able to control my Anova all day long. And before you suggest it, I have insured that the username and passwords are exactly the same several (dozen) times. Any suggestions?

I found I could NOT link through my iPhone, even though I could happily log on to my cooker through the Anova app.

But using the url at the start of this thread on my PC desktop browser allowed me to link on the first try using the SAME email and pw as on my iPhone.

Good luck!

Somehow I think I have two Anova accounts, one with my email address and another with facebook. They both use the same email address so I think the skill must prefer the facebook one. When I went ahead and logged in using the facebook login for everything it worked.

Is there any chance of the Alexa skill working with the older Bluetooth-only models in the future? I’m not familiar enough with the calls and data transfers that the Echo can make over Bluetooth to know whether this is possible.

Not sure, but this is definitely great feedback for us. I’d definitely email feedback@anovaculinary.com with any suggestions you have for us so we can take note!

the echo itself cant control the anova. as far as im aware the only bluetooth profiles it really uses are those used for speakers like a2dp etc… and i dont believe the bluetooth hardware of the echo is even exposed to alexa developers.

i know that some guy made a bluetooth bridge for the anova in python though, and it technically would in fact be possible to get an echo to control a device running his bluetooth bridge software. something like an odroid or raspi with a bt radio running the anova bt bridge software as well as some kind of webserver to accept commands from the internet, triggered by alexa, would allow you to do this. however since it involves the user doing super tricky stuff in their own environment, it’s not going to really be something easily integrated into the “published” anova skill, it’d have to be a user’s own private development skill.

1 Like

Is there a timescale as to when this Skill will be released to other Amazon stores, specifically the UK store?

1 Like

There’s actually a thread specifically on the UK topic:

https://community.anovaculinary.com/t/alexa-skill-for-uk

1 Like

Thanks Steven

1 Like

Please provide it in the U.K. Amazon store!!

Provide what to the UK Amazon store? @David_Lee

… and the german store, too - please!

Same issue here…