Android App

Not even close. They’re implying end of Jan, but Feb is more realistic.

Below is a link to the most recent update that I know of for the various mobile apps…

http://community.anovaculinary.com/discussion/comment/1434/#Comment_1434

iOS is now scheduled for release at the beginning of January, with Android coming shortly after. We'll provide further details as iOS gets closer to submitting to the app store, as well as when we have a better idea of the same for the Android app.

Like jshannon though, I personally don’t expect the Android app until probably February.

Any word on an updated timetable for the Android App? Very happy with vtemkin’s App but its basic controls… Having to scour the web for cooking temperatures and times with every recipe or recipe adaption is time consuming and frustrating…
Any news would be appreciated

@saluki, can’t give you any information on official Android app, but I plan to add recipes support to my ANOVA Remote in the next Beta release (in a week or so).

@vtemkin, You’ve made my day!!! Wonderful…

Who would be interested in collaborating on an Open Source (Apache License) app? Yes, specifically Apache Licensed. I figure that a core library and a simple but usable app ought to be there for anyone to build on, but leave room for people to author closed solutions as well.

That licensing is compatible with the heavy lifting done under the Open Source MIT license by Neil Pankey.

Of course, it would be great and in their best interests if Anova were to collaborate. They are a hardware manufacturer, and don’t belong in the proprietary software business; it is to their benefit to have an active software eco-system built around their device(s).

Just downloaded vtemkin’s Android app to my S3. The app works great! Looking forward to recipes support! This is one of the reasons I bought the Anova precision cooker. (btw, cooking filet mignon tonight for my wife’s birthday dinner!)

@lknoch Tell your wife Happy Birthday for us! Let us know how the filet mignon turns out! :smile:

@lknoch‌ Thanks. You might want to join G+ community and opt-in to Beta program. This way you’ll be able to test recipes support before other users. Happy birthday to your wife!

Totally agree that Anova needs to be proactive letting us know the status of the Android app. Your marketing implies that the apps are currently available. A simple notation, or better yet a page dedicated to updates, would go a long way to assuaging our anxiety. Otherwise it’s just plain false advertising.

I just received my new Precision Cooker and was disappointed the Android app isn’t available yet. I was under the impression it was available when I ordered the cooker… guess I didn’t read the fine print!

@craiger_r The iOS app has been submitted to Apple and is currently under review - the Android app will follow in the weeks following the iOS app’s release. We’ll provide updates throughout the process and please feel free to send over any questions you might have. Thank you!

Thanks, I’ll be looking forward to it. Even without an app, I managed to produce some great pork loin chops using the cooker for the first time :wink:

@craiger_r Nice! Sous vide pork chops are the way to go - I’ve always had trouble with them prior to sous vide. What did you use for seasoning?

@craiger_r Nice! Sous vide pork chops are the way to go - I've always had trouble with them prior to sous vide. What did you use for seasoning?

Pork is already quite salty, so probably best not to season it with the tears of anguish from us poor Android users :slight_smile:

@Fudspong LOL! We’d definitely prefer they be tears of joy - those work much better for brining :wink: ! Truly though, We’re so sorry for the delay and we’ll have a much better idea of the timeline once the iOS app has been approved and released. Please keep an eye out for updates and feel free to shoot me a message with any additional questions!

I see that the iPhone app was released today so I’m hoping that the Android app will be released soon. Is it going to be free?

@Roman Thanks for checking! We’ll be publishing a more concrete schedule for the release of the Android app next week. Our development team is working on the build as we speak. We’ll send out details on its anticipated release as soon as we have a clearer picture - and yes, like the iOS app, it will be free!

@Roman Thanks for checking! We'll be publishing a more concrete schedule for the release of the Android app next week. Our development team is working on the build as we speak. We'll send out details on its anticipated release as soon as we have a clearer picture - and yes, like the iOS app, it will be free!
Well, it has been a week. I must have missed the concrete schedule publication...

@wbradley I’d like to provide an official schedule, but it was a little premature for me to share that we’d have something concrete at this point and for that, I apologize. :s

It’s more realistic for our dev team to focus on building a great app for Android than to rush them with an expected release date. That said, to be perfectly honest, I don’t have these details available right now and I’m sorry. I’ll refrain from sharing a timeline for publishing a timeline, as I did in my overambitious post prior, but I will say that as soon as I have more details, I’ll share them with you. I can assure you that the app is in development and we’re doing everything we can to deliver in good time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I’ll answer to the best of my knowledge.