Android App

Only app I’m seeing reference to is the iPhone app lately…Any update on when we can expect to see an Android app? The decision on my android smartphone was made in part because of the future promise that this would be available for Android users… Any info would be appreciated

I can’t speak for Anova, but my unofficial Anova Remote should be available on Play Store by the end of the week. It won’t be free, and, for now, it will be just that - the remote: no cooking recommendations, no pretty interface.
I was working on comprehensive Sous Vide app, but the lack of official Anova offering (and, frankly, the lack of official Anova SDK) made me to develop this App and offer it to public.
When it’s live it will be found at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.palagraph.anovaremote

I can't speak for Anova, but my unofficial Anova Remote should be available on Play Store by the end of the week. It won't be free, and, for now, it will be just that - the remote: no cooking recommendations, no pretty interface. I was working on comprehensive Sous Vide app, but the lack of official Anova offering (and, frankly, the lack of official Anova SDK) made me to develop this App and offer it to public. When it's live it will be found at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.palagraph.anovaremote

How is this going?
And will it be OpenSource?

Haven’t recieved my unit it yet, so I’m hoping it will have an Android App before I recieve the unit :slight_smile:

I know that I read in the Kickstarter that they were making their SDK available to anyone who wanted to create an app. What happened to that Anova?

How is this going? And will it be OpenSource?

Haven’t recieved my unit it yet, so I’m hoping it will have an Android App before I recieve the unit :slight_smile:

He mentions charging for it, so I doubt it will be open source.

Any progress update, vtemkin?

@Soygen‌, @jhsdk‌: No it won’t be Open Source, and it won’t even be free. As it is mostly unnecessary toy for people, who already spent money for the appliance - I’ll charge for it. Anova can (and should) make their app free: they are making money on the hardware, I can’t.

And, in the best traditions of anything Kickstarter-related, it’s already being delayed :frowning: I mentioned the end of this week, and though it’s Friday - it is not on Play Store yet. Few more days…

@vtemkin‌ Yes. Our app will be free. I’ll buy your app. I’m looking forward to seeing it. :slight_smile:

vtemkin committed the classic blunder. Never announce too early! :slight_smile:

@vtemkin‌ Any updates? Need beta testers?

@DMW, @Soygen, @“Stepen Svajian” It is live at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.palagraph.anovaremote

@DMW, @Soygen, @"Stepen Svajian" It is live at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.palagraph.anovaremote

The app looks awesome! Is there a specific list of features that you plan on building into your future “comprehensive Sous Vide app” that is absent from this one? Also, do you know the target price of this next app, and how long we might have to wait before it’s able to be purchased? I’m really considering purchasing the current “Anova Remote” app for the ability to set multi-step programs, but would wait for the next one if it were coming out reasonably soon for a good price, and had features beyond this current app that appealed to me.

I’d also like to suggest a feature that could possibly be built into this app and future ones. As the scroll wheel can change colors (I never new! AWESOME) it would be interesting to tie this ability to “report” other functions, like fading from blue to red to reflect the changing water temperature as it approaches the target temp, or cycling through multiple colors to signify how far along the programmed cycle has progressed.

In any case, thanks for your efforts into coding for the Precision Cooker, I’m excited to use your apps.

There’s another android app I’ve seen a private preview of that’s coming out soon and it has your requested color feature.

There's another android app I've seen a private preview of that's coming out soon and it has your requested color feature.

Are you able to divulge the name of the app, when it’s being made available to the public, and where someone might be able to test it for themselves before it’s released? Thanks :slight_smile:

@vtemkin I just visited the Google Play store page for your app on my phone, running Android ver. 4.1.1, and noticed the two aren’t compatible. Do you plan on supporting a wider range of devices?

Only app I'm seeing reference to is the iPhone app lately......Any update on when we can expect to see an Android app? The decision on my android smartphone was made in part because of the future promise that this would be available for Android users..... Any info would be appreciated

There is no iPad or iPhone app for Anova. That is very sad.

Got this from Anova:
Unfortunately, the app has been delayed. Here’s the current schedule: The iPhone app will be released 12/1 - 12/15; The Android app is scheduled to be released 12/15 - 12/30; and the Windows app is due out 1/15. Please note that this schedule is subject to change, however, we’re doing our best with our development efforts to hit these dates.

@vtemkin‌ My brother went to get your app today and it’s no longer on the Play store. It doesn’t even show in my downloaded apps on “My Apps” on the Play store either. Was this removed from the store for some reason? I have it on my phone, but now I’m worried I might not be able to download it onto any other devices.

@Soygen‌ The app was temporary suspended pending verification from Anova that they don’t object a 3rd party app. Anova has been cooperative, so I expect the app will be reinstated at Google Play in a day or two.

@Soygen The app is back in Google Play Store.

Are there any additional updates from Anova on when their Android app will be in the Play store? As of 12/27, it doesn’t appear in the search yet for Google Play.

The last update I see here is that it was scheduled to be released 12/15-12/30, so I hope that still holds true.