Anova one keeps blowing fuses

Hey all,

My Anova one has served me well but has recently been having issues. One day during a cook the unit shut off and would not turn back on. I assumed that the fuse could have blown and subsequently went out to buy some replacements. After getting home I replaced the fuse and the unit turned on. Despite this, after setting the time and temperature for the cook the unit immediately blew once the “motor” kicked in. After replacing the fuse yet again the same thing happened…The unit powered up but would immediately shut off after the circulation motor kicked in. Has anyone else had this problem? I must admit that I am quite disappointed. I always took great care of this machine as was hoping that it would last me longer than it has.

Hi! I’m so sorry you are having issues, I have just private messaged you so we can get this all sorted out!

Maybe I’m an idiot, but wouldn’t the point of having a public forum to help all of the people having the same issue by posting solutions publicly??

What type of fuse am I supposed to get with my stupid Anova One device?? I purchased 5 machines and only 2 still work. I suspect it is the fuses but do you think Anova would sell replacement fuses? Do you think Anova would list what type of fuses to buy? I’ve heard that the 10 Amp are better because the cords tend to melt, which is true on all of the units I have. Slow / Fast blow?? No descriptions are posted anywhere so there is just a bunch of people guessing online.

Some actual help would be greatly appreciated since your hardware is not reliable!

Shea

1 Like

Hi Shea,

As soon as I have any more information on the fuses I will definitely post that information publicly :slight_smile:

I was just asking for some personal information, which I know most people don’t like to have such info accessible on a public platform, but I completely understand what you are saying.

I need to ask you a few questions to see if I can figure out what is going on. Firstly, what plug types are your units and where are you using them? Have you been using a converter? and how long have you had the units?

I will do some research and see what answers I can find for you!

I’m so sorry this has been happening to you, I will do my best to figure out what is going on and help you out!

I’m in Canada and use the standard 3 prong electrical plug here; I believe it is the 120V style.

No, I don’t use a converter, it is just plugged in directly.

I have had the units for about 2 years.

Am I understanding that you are confirming that there is no information about fuses anywhere on Anova’s website??? How can Anova be aware that fuses are a major problem with their units and not post any information about them?

The last post I read said that the correct fuse is 10A 120V, and nobody has posted to confirm or correct this person, in spite of the fact that the fuse in the unit is 15A and 250V?? I have seen some say you need fast action but others say slow blow is correct… This is MUCH to difficult!!!

An order of 15a 250v fuses on amazon is a month of for expected delivery…and then I might find out I have the wrong fuse?!

Okay good to know. I was just checking as some people use converters, which we do not recommend and it can lead to blown fuses as you were describing.

And yes, currently there is no information about the fuses on the website, but I was able to find this information for you: the Anova One’s fuse installed at the factory is a general fuse, 5 mm (diameter) X 20 mm (length) size.PN: T15AL250VP

In reference to your second question the confusion might be around the fact that we currently make more than one plug type. We have the US/Canada version which is 120V, and the EU, HK, AU version which is 220V. So the different amp numbers could be coming from people who have different units.

I’m not an expert in fuses, so let me know if that is helpful for you, and I can try to find some more info if you need it :slight_smile:

The problem is that the confusion is caused by not posting any solutions for either units, knowing full well that many people are struggling with the issue of how to replace fuses for your units that are prone to blowing fuses (it is a common problem on many forums and there are many speculations about which fuse to use).

This is exacerbated by not actually selling replacement fuses on your website…You would solve a lot of problems by just giving people the option to get the correct fuse directly from Anova. It seems odd that nobody has thought of that yet.

1 Like

I’m looking online and can’t find an actual match for “PN: T15AL250VP” except on expired aliexpress.com pages.

Is that a slow blow or a fast acting fuse? I don’t want to spend all of this time and then weeks of delivery time waiting for the wrong fuse that will either blow constantly or not react in time to prevent your machine from burning down my house.

Thx.

I really appreciate the feedback and I will relay it back to our team to see what can be done.

It looks like the Anova One fuse is slow-blow, and I think if you get a similar make in the same dimensions I mentioned above you should be fine.

I need to do more research as this is a new topic to me and don’t want to pretend I know things I don’t.

I will post again when I know more.

Hope that helps.

What was the solution to the original poster’s question?

My Anova One Sous Vide Immersion Circulator just started doing the same thing and while it would be good to know what fuse it uses, it doesn’t matter much if the unit blows the fuse every time you turn it on. Is this thing dead?

Here is the original fuse that was used for anova one: the Anova One’s fuse installed at the factory is a general fuse, 5 mm (diameter) X 20 mm (length) size.PN: T15AL250VP

It shouldn’t be blowing a fuse every time you turn it on. I would recommend contacting support (support@anovaculinary.com) if you think it is a bigger issue and they can help you figure out what is wrong.

I don’t have the solution as to WHY the Anova One fuse keeps blowing, but I found this thread because I just had my first blown fuse. I’ve only used my One a handful of times, so I hope this issue gets addressed before I have to constantly change fuses as I continue to use my unit.

The fuse I replaced my blown one with is a Fast Blow 15A 5mmx20mm fuse.

Hello,

My brand new Anova Precision Cookere was dead right out of the box… So I took it apart and yep, the fuse was blown. I removed the fuse and looked at the writing on it under a microscope: 10A… Hmmmmm… just 10A for a 900W appliance? Doing a little bit of math, (I’m a professional electrical engineer, MSEE UW-Madison) the equivalent average load for a 900W 120VAC appliance is 10.6 Ohms. Peak current at 120V is then 11.3A. Seems like a 10A fuse is too small. Granted, maybe the appliance rarely consumes all 900W, but it still seems like too small of a fuse, you should give some margin. I purchased a 13A fuse at the hardware store, replaced it, and the unit works perfectly… I’ve read other posts in which Anova claimed the fuse is 15A??? Anyway, hope somebody from Anova can state the recommended fuse amperage for the 900W models. Thanks. -James

1 Like

@JPhillipsAnova Thanks for the feedback - this is definitely useful info. Not sure what the recommended fuse amperage for the 900W model is, but I am going to pass this along to the team and see what they can say about this.

I am having the same issue. This is the second time I used my Anova, and it will not stop blowing the fuses. I tried it on different outlets and no luck. Can one of the community manager help me out? Thanks!

Hi, So what did the “Team” have to say?

10A is enough if you don’t have other products with significant wattage on the same fuse.

OP was talking about the fuse in the Anova, not the fuse on the mains circuit, I believe.

Hello,

I currently have not had any electrical issues such as blown fuses in my fuse box (touch wood!), but I have recently discovered that in my house the Amperage “Amps” in the kitchen is 20 amps but is 15 in most of the other rooms such as in the basement. I believe that my Bluetooth Anova purchased in Dec. 2016 has an internal 15 Amp fuse but I would like to check. How do you get the casing apart and put back together safely? Once in, is the fuse identifiable and is it a standard issue part available at large hardware stores. I am in Ontario Canada and we use the same electrical standards as the U.S.

Thanks for your original post - very enlightening. I must admit that I am a bit surprised by the relative silence from Anova on this issue. They have been stellar in all other aspects from my POV up to now.

Regards,

Ron

You need to use slow blow fuses. Fast blow will snap pretty quickly. Buy a lot of them from China as they will continue to need to be replaced as there is an obvious power problem on these older units.