Anova Precision Sealer Pro accessory port does not work

Ok, I give up. I cannot get my accessory port to pull a vacuum. I plug both ends in and press the button next to the port, and it sounds like something is going on but there is no vacuum. I am new to the sealer, and happily using all the other features, but can’t use the accessory port. I’d appreciate any help!

1 Like

What is the other end of the accessory hose going to?

i have the same problem. I am using a mason jar with lid attachment for sealing the lid to jar. works fine with other sealers but not my Anova. I pressed my finger on the end of the tubing, started the external pulse vacuum and do not feel any pulling/pressure on finger. If its supposed to be sucking air, I think I should feel something on my finger/skin?

Closely examine the (mason jar lid attachment) adapters to see that the (white?) plug is shorter than the (black) ANOVA plug, and too short to open the spring loaded stop valve in the vacuum chamber of the ANOVA.

The black ANOVA plug must be fully inserted into the port socket to open the vacuum valve.

Ask me how I know.

1 Like

I have the same problem with mine. after many attempts to seal a jar, I dipped the hose into water and it does not draw at all. I called customer service, and I think they are going to ship me a replacement unit.

Update on this topic. I found that you have to push the connector very hard in the vacuum port. Harder than you would think. When I did this, it worked like a champ.

I know this is old, but thanks for this tip @cookinbob. I had the same issue. That was exactly the problem - when I pushed the connector into the vacuum port until it was in as far as it would go, it worked.

Side note: wish the manual had actual words and explanations and things like this! :slight_smile:

thank you this was so helpful!