APO water tank stress cracks

I have the same issue with my tank. It’s cracked but not warped. It’s also not leaking.

I have reached out and have yet to hear a response.

Looks like an impact. Was it damaged or could it have been damaged out of the box?

I’m think it’s stress in the tank caused by heat deforming the top of the tank. This occurred on mine close to the top at the point where the door meets the oven body.

Either that or the material they are using for the tank doesn’t like heat cycles

Yours looks different than @Bbqboss

Looks like it might have started as an impact stress and then graduated with heat.

The tank was installed from day one after being taken out of the box and was removed to take pictures of the cracks.

Mine are growing too though. And are many. Last time I filled the tank I can feel the separation on the longest one. Like there is a tiny difference in height. But still not leaking. All a matter of time.

I’m just waiting to return this one until the new one will be on the way. I guess they’re prioritizing sending out new purchases. Which has me a bit confused but I’m trying to remain patient

@jumpjump there was no impact. It was taken out of the box 3 feet away from where it sits now and the parts went together smoothly with no issues. Are people sending back due to the tank cracking? I hope not. I have used this a ton and have issues with it but enjoy the overall experience. I don’t want to return it, I would be cool with a tank that wasn’t cracked. I am willing to work through other minor issues for the experience to keep the oven as it does amazing things.

Here is another picture with the tank removed. The patter appears to mimick some of the others here in how it shows stress. This is the second time I have removed the tank by the way. I have owned the oven for almost a month and almost used it every day until now.

That’s pretty much what is happening to mine. Contact them. Although the response times are bad right now they wi get you a replacement oven. Or at least a tank. I do a lot of bread so high temp cooks. Are you cooking at high temps? This caused the melting that I associated with the stress. But maybe it’s just heat cycles

Mine looks the same. I think jumpjump is thinking the bottom of the tank shape is an impact crack. It’s not a crack. It’s the shape of the tank. I can see why you would think it’s a crack coming from the corner. Have a look at yours jumpjump. You’ll see what I mean.

To be clear I assumed impact during shipping.

It just appeared to be radiating differently. I don’t have any cracks in mine at the moment. Perhaps this is a manufacturing defect from molding the part. Who knows. Plastic can do weird things over time.

@SeekUp I have done cooks all over the map, lots of bread and cooks with steam and plenty without. I am thinking cycles coupled with the expansion and contraction… not sure though.

No worries. It’s thrown me for a loop for sure.

I’ve been checking after each cooking session since this thread started and cracks are just starting to develop on my tank. Only on the inside next to the oven, but you can feel them. Likely a plastic formulation issue.

I predict all tanks made of that material will eventually leak. As long as they’re willing to replace it once they fix it I will be ok with it.

Same issue as other commenters above, cracks on the side and the top left portion of the tank is melting/warped. I contacted support and they are sending a replacement, though I imagine this is a design issue that will re-occur?

Sending a new tank or a new oven?

I think it’s an issue that will repeat until they fix the material they’re using for the tank. And possibly the door seal as the melting is occurring at the spot where the door meets the oven.

They sent me a new oven but I haven’t set it up yet.

They have only sent a new tank, I have not received yet. Agreed that heat seems to be leaking from door to cause issue. They could also remedy by changing tank shape so the side near the front is farther from side of oven.

Edit: Or shorten the tank to be behind the door. Though that would reduce tank size and look a bit goofy.

Also a good suggestion. I think for sure it needs to be a material that isn’t as brittle as well