Avoiding bubbles when chamber vacuum sealing

Hello,
I just got a new Anova chamber vacuum sealer. I’m vacuum sealing marinated chicken (the marinade is liquidy) and even when I vacuum seal at the “Strong” setting I still see air bubbles. I guess it’s possible for air bubbles to be hiding further down in the bag and once down there it might not be possible to get them out. I tried fluffling up the bag at the beginning so “all” the air is accessible from the top of the bag. Still no dice. I’ve attached a picture. I’m sure others have gone through this - does anyone have thoughts on what I’m doing wrong, or how I can remove all air bubbles?

I am using 8x10 bags from Anova.

Thanks!

I have ended up changing the time for both Normal and Strong settings. Bumped Normal up to 35 seconds and Strong up to 50, I don’t think I get the bubbles anymore. You can find the instructions in the Quick Start Guide, Using the Controls section.

1 Like

Thanks! I tried with 60 seconds but still have a few bubbles. I wrote to customer support and they told me I could return the machine for a refund.

It would be good to know if this is a limitation with all vacuum sealers, including say MaxVac Pro that Costco online carries. That machine is so much larger (and more expensive) so I’d like to hold onto Anova if this is the norm.

Thanks @Dmitry I follow the instruction which you give. Now I remove all bubbles in little time.

1 Like