Bacon Wrapped Venison
1. Venison steaks
2. Choice of bacon
3. 4 Crushed garlic cloves
4. 6 dried juniper berries
5. 10 black peppercorns
1. Drop garlic, pepper, and berries into Stasher bag or 1 gallon freezer bag.
2. Wrap steaks w/ 2 or 3 rashers of bacon. If steaks are long, slice them in half and stack them to make the steaks thicker.
3. Wrap steaks in plastic wrap, pinch ends, and spin steaks until plastic is tight around wrapped steaks.
4. Put wrapped steaks, with aromatics, into the freezer bag and place into sous vide.
5. After 1hr at 125 degrees pull the bag out and allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes at least.
6. Save any drippings for use in hollandaise sauce.
7. Place a heavy bottom pan over heat w/ a light oil such as canola.
8. Unwrap steaks from plastic and place steaks in searing pan. Preferably, you'll set the steaks in the pan with bacon ends down, first.
9. While bacon is rendering, create hollandaise over a water bath using not only hot butter but juices from sous vide steaks.
10. Serve steaks w/ hollandaise or other preferred sauce. Also serve with preferred starch and vegetable.