Bacon Wrapped Venison
- Venison steaks
- Choice of bacon
- 4 Crushed garlic cloves
- 6 dried juniper berries
- 10 black peppercorns
- Drop garlic, pepper, and berries into Stasher bag or 1 gallon freezer bag.
- Wrap steaks w/ 2 or 3 rashers of bacon. If steaks are long, slice them in half and stack them to make the steaks thicker.
- Wrap steaks in plastic wrap, pinch ends, and spin steaks until plastic is tight around wrapped steaks.
- Put wrapped steaks, with aromatics, into the freezer bag and place into sous vide.
- After 1hr at 125 degrees pull the bag out and allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes at least.
- Save any drippings for use in hollandaise sauce.
- Place a heavy bottom pan over heat w/ a light oil such as canola.
- Unwrap steaks from plastic and place steaks in searing pan. Preferably, you’ll set the steaks in the pan with bacon ends down, first.
- While bacon is rendering, create hollandaise over a water bath using not only hot butter but juices from sous vide steaks.
- Serve steaks w/ hollandaise or other preferred sauce. Also serve with preferred starch and vegetable.