Child lock?

Hello there,

Just got my oven in all works well and up to expectations.
There is one thing, I am not able to find the option to ‘‘Child Lock’’ the oven.

Is there somewhere some hidden feature to ‘‘lock’’ the device, so children would be unable to mess up the settings?

To be honest, I still can not believe such a basic but important feature would be omitted. ¯\(ツ)

Thank you,
Mark Sikkema

1 Like

I don’t believe there is one. Have never seen one on other ovens either.

1 Like

what oven/microwave/kitchen appliance has a child lock?

all mine have

1 Like

your range and microwave have child lock? video please I don’t believe it

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/home-appliances/how-to-set-up-the-safety-or-child-lock-in-microwave-oven/

or

My microwave has a child lock, though being above the oven as a range hood I’m not sure how they could reach it. My whirlpool oven with front panel controls also has a child lock, as does the dishwasher and even the water dispenser on my fridge

1 Like

Maybe the difference is between Europe and The States. I’m from Europe and it seems that any digital includes a child-lock nowadays.
Where are you from?

Canada

I would love to see a locking function in the app, or by pressing two buttons at once, or by holding one button for 5 seconds. Anyone with young children or an elderly parent with mild dementia living in the house needs this, so that the oven doesn’t get turned on all night.

I can vouch for one of our uk fridges having a water dispenser lock.
Ditto dishwasher, washing machine, tumble-drier.

Don’t think there is one on any of our instantpots, microwaves, definitely not one on the oven.

A child lock is a pretty weak excuse for teaching a kid to behave well in these environments, I doubt beyond a certain age there are locks on cupboards & knife drawers & yet they are a great source of both accident & intentional wounding.

Our daughter started learning knife skills in the kitchen from the age of 5 upwards, child locks are not as good as teaching environmental dangers under supervision & the improved trust & respect that comes from that.

In the old days we used to simply go round turning stuff off (standby wasn’t so dominant) unplugging everything, ovens & hobs in kitchens in the uk also tend to have a main breaker (as it is typically a 30 amp 220/240v item, those are easy to switch off, though too many folk would moan more about having to reset the digital clock (how many does a typical kitchen have nowadays… lots) as not many items, despite boasting about energy ratings fail to install clocks with a clock that can stay on/ blink on to show it is running on internal power.

My thermal coffee machine (doesn’t scorch the coffee & turn it into tar) sadly being one of those dumb things that needs the clock / timer setting up compared to simply installing a freaking small, button battery to power the clock, …compared to so many items that run on the things elsewhere very successfully.

Bad / lazy design proliferates (not having a cancel button on a british made £150 rrp dualit toaster gets me every time I use it yet it has a 2 slice & a 3 slice energy saving switch …gah!