Clamp broken - ideas to hold unit in place?

Still holding together but probably not for long - very brittle plastic.

I don’t think they sell replacement parts or offer warranty outside of US so I need to come up with an alternative. 

I’m sure this has happened to plenty of others so does anyone have any ideas to hold it in place? I use a stock pot to SV in.

Ping us at support@anovaculinary.com - we’ll send you a new one wherever you are. :slight_smile:

I’ll be pinging for one too!

I have contacted Anova Culinary about a replacement clamp but, I needed a fix right now because I have 7 pounds of Boston Butt roast vacuum packed and ready to go. Based on the broken clamp, the pressure form the clamp to the side of the container and clamping the cooker barrel in place add up to a force larger than the current design/material can adequately support without failing. This simple fix is a permanent fix to the issue. A single stainless steel clamp and quick setting JB Weld epoxy will resist all the loading one could comfortably apply to container and cooker barrel. If you need additional information, let me know. Just found out I can only attach one photo. Let me know if you need additional information and I will see if a document file attachment will work.

I got caught with a broken clamp in the middle of cooking as well. Here’s my quick fix:

1. Hang a cup hook under your kitchen cabinet. (I happened to have one in place.

2. Use your broken clamp to hold your anova in place (horizontally, to keep it from rocking).

3. Tie your cooker to the hook. Tie it tight enough to suspend it at the proper level. I used a tiny bungee cord that I had on for this…I’m sure any kind of cord would work.

I’ve requested my replacement clamp. I’ll let you know if it arrives.

Hi Bill,
Where can we find the replacement clamp for the unit

I just submitted my 2nd request for a replacement clamp - are there any replacement still available??

Something like this works well:

This is the setup I use. No clamp needed.

IF you have a 3D printer:

Bracket Replacement for Anova Precision Cooker

Anova Sous Vide Adjustable Mounting Bracket

Lots of other Anova printable items

1 Like

I see a small business here :-).

I wasn’t impressed to be told “we’ll send you another plastic one for free, but we are out of stock and don’t know when we’ll be able to ship a new one.” Besides, why would I want another one which will probably break at some point?

I went to my local hardware store and purchased: 1 knob, a1/4" brass screw, a 14" Heli-Coil 1/4 in. Thread Insert and a small door stopper. Drilled out the hole to fit the Heli-Coil, put that in place. Cut the head off the 1/4" brass screw, attached the knob, glued on the door stop and Voila! This one won’t break and will allow me to use mt $200 cooking tool again.

1 Like

Typo’s, but you get the idea.

You can purchase one on Amazon for around $20 and it won’t last. I fixed mine twice! My solution is an aluminum C-clamp (like the one photographers use) for as little as about $10 on Amazon and a 3"stainless steel hose clamp. Cut the extra hose clamp off to make sure the extra material won’t catch on anything. It takes about 15 minutes to assemble and will never break.

Nice idea. Thanks.

It is kind of inevitable that the plastic part would eventually crack and brake. The part seems like pretty good quality but it is still plastic at the end of the day. Hopefully Anova have corrected the design, bitten the bullet and sprung for more expensive materials on this part for future models. Haven taken apart the unit, it is pretty well made otherwise.

Honestly, the plastic clamp is a half-assed solution which hasn’t been fixed in years.