Anova Nano. Plastic clamp surround disintegrating

My Anova Nano is now 2 years and 3 months old and is doing a great job. I used it on Xmas day and noticed the plastic surround holding the clamp to the Anova body is disintegrating and pieces are breaking away. It has always been looked after and stored in the original box when not in use. I am curious if anyone else has had this problem.

I have not had the problem. I have older models, however.

I had the same problem a few months ago. I contacted Anova and they sent me a new one, redesigned, with no questions asked. Great service!

Their after sales customer service I agree is excellent. They were quick to respond to my email outlining the problem and are sending me a replacement. I would be interested to know what is different in the redesigned one they sent you.

I have not seen the redesigned part. If it’s plastic, I’d be cautious as my old one broke twice. My final solution was a 3" stainless steel hose clamp and an aluminum C-clamp (like the ones photographers use). The C clamp can be purchased for as little as about $10 on Amazon. Hose clamps are available just about anywhere. The one I used was a bit more as I wanted an aluminum knob - and it looks better. This will never break and is easy to assemble. I did cut off the extra length on the hose clamp to make sure it doesn’t catch on anything. I’m glad you are happy. I’m jaded as Anova has known about this problem for well over 5 years. I will say the machine is great.

I have a pre-release model and the first model offered for general sale and neither one has exhibited this problem.