Cooking from frozen success

All of my APO cooks for the last few weeks have been from frozen using Douglas Baldwin’s ‘Practical Guide’ Table 2.3 Table 2.3: Approximate heating times for frozen meat.

Yesterday I did this below recipe, and it was very good, from frozen. I added the ‘sauce’ to the frozen meat as I was repackaging for SV and returned the meat to the freezer until time to start.

1 Like

I have done salmon filets this way as well. Proteins I have tried from frozen all have worked well.

1 Like

Unfortunately my first experience cooking frozen salmon was not a good one, the fish came out watery and fishy tasting. I cooked 4 small salmon (sockeye the size of trout) skin on for 45 min at 120º. I had thawed the fish out, applied a herbal rub and resealed before cooking. The fish were very soft as well. Should I have cooked them longer? Hotter? Thanks!

Time and temperature look good. Thin filets may take less time than a inch or more thick one. It may have been the fish. Thin pieces from towards the tail tend to taste different