Counting backwards

I understand why every machine I’ve ever seen counts from your set time, “down to zero”, but honestly, I think it would work better for me, if it “counted up”… I mean, is it just me ? I end up starting a cook at whatever random time… and then one cook I might set it for 40 hours, and another, for 30, and another for 36, of course always setting it for several hours over, in case I cant get to it right then. Then, the next day, when I’m trying to calculate how long I’ve been cooking already, I’m like, "Wait ? Did I set it for 30 or 36 hours ?

Sure would be great if I could just look at the machine and see how long it had been cooking "regardless of when I started it, with no calculation involved.

Normally, after quickly figuring this out myself, id just delete this, but in case anyone else has had the same concern, here’s what I did…
I got this cheap ($7.99) timer from Amazon, which I will just set right beside my machine, to see exactly how long I’ve been cooking, at a glance, without having to remember how long I had the machine set for, and no reverse calculations…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SWZRVRP/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A237CGJHQPXIR7

Note; In case you don’t get the exact same one, some of these timers actually only go up to 24hrs… Which is kind of dumb, when you already have the space there for hours. This one does go to 99hrs though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Regarding your suggestion for the “on board” timer to count up from start of cook…I’m in agreement that this would work better for me as well.

Yea, it seems like it should be a simple software update for any device that already has a counter, to add a feature where the counter can be reversed…