Does the Circulator Fan Stop Working?

Hello, I’m new here. I just got my Anova from USA to Turkey and very eagerly started trying some egg receipes. There was a POP sound around 144F and the circulator fan just stopped working. This was my first run so I wasn’t sure if it was meant to stop or not… I think the fan not working is a problem.

Can anyone help? Is this normal? Did the fan just brake on the first run? Will it start working again? :slight_smile:

Hmmm… Turkey runs on 220 V, the US on 110 V. I take it that you plugged it in just using a travel adapter? If so, I suspect the unit may well be toast :frowning:

No no, I used a transformer. :slight_smile: I can’t even plug-in without an adapter. Most of the electrical devices I use are USA origins (Consoles, VR, a microwave).

Phew! :slight_smile:

Hmmm, so the indicators still work, and, if the Anova has cooled off, you can run it briefly at least? If so, I’d say your fan died. You should be able to get it fixed under warranty, I would think.

The fan should keep spinning as long as the device is heating water.Perhaps get in touch with the support folks, they should be able to help. Good luck!

1 Like