Doubling recipe

I have two 1.25 pound pork tenderloins. Can i cook them at the same time and temp as the recipe for one calls for? They can be in seperate bags.

As long as you have room for them to have water between them, they will cook the same.

Yep, that’s totally fine! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick response. :grin:

@berge, cooking time depends on thickness and cut, not weight. Time is based on food safety and desired texture.The minimum cook time is to ensure your food is brought to the desired temperature throughout.
So, you can cook the same amount of time if the thickness is the same as the recipe.
Otherwise you need to adjust. Rule of thumb is 60 mins for each 1" of thickness.

The minimum time is all that’s required for naturally tender cuts (like your pork tenderloins). Additional cooking time helps break down collagen in the meat (improves texture in “tough cuts” like a brisket or chuck roast).

My thanks to all that replied
I Did the two tenderloins in seperate bags each with the herbs used in the recipe. 142 degrees for 1.5hours. This time allowed me to prepare the pee-wee golden potatoes which I finished in the juices and butter left in the pan after browning the pork. The results were :+1: no pics, we ate already​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Another complete sucess with the APC. Never had a mis-cooked meal yet. Probably the best appliance I’ve ever purchased for the kitchen.

1 Like

Woot, woot! Happy to hear that your tenderloin came out delicious. Definitely take pics next time and share your results with all of us! :slight_smile:

That’s how I do it; works every time! I apply rib rub I make, bag them up and sous vide them the following day. Pork tenderloins are one of the most tender types of meat we create. Sometimes we use zip lock bags and make a marinade that we put in with the tenderloins, vs using my vacuum seal bags. With the zip locks you won’t suck out the liquid when trying to seal them.

Thanks for reinforcing what i did. Maybe next time I’ll be coordinated enough to prep them the night before🤪