Firmware upgrade 1.1.33

I can confirm everything corrected itself for me with no intervention. I never unplugged or reset the oven. Today, it is responding to app like it normal.

1 Like

Glad to hear that!

You may check App profile if This oven is already Link To Your Account. You will not able to add the same oven again as it will show error. Next scroll down to your profile and sign Out. Then login your Account again.
This had worrk for me. Your last firmware update and after oven rebooted. Some how the last firmware login Session will not able to continue connect to your newly updated firmware oven. Hope This heaps.

I had notice that my 1st suggest some how works but it will be disconnected by itself if is not in use.
Manage to solve by using the WPS button on my router. Your app under “Ready to Cook” showing connecting. If your router have the WPS button for connection w/o password. It will let the oven connect to router. The wifi icon on oven will stop blinking after you press your router button. My app “Ready to Cook’ Is able to start wirelessly.

Not much progress on this yet…

Mine has now updated to 1.2.7 but the changelog still says the most recent version is 1.1.31.

Wouldn’t it be better if (a) we had the choice whether to update automatically or when we, the customer, decide and (b) the changelog was updated when new firmware is released so that we can see what’s in the update before deciding when to install it?

1 Like

I have this Firmware, and I can’t update to 1.2.7 It disconnects the process before reaching 10%.
The APO is hardly recognized by the app. It appears as if it was disconnected.
Please help

1 Like

Please email support@anovaculinary.com and we can help!

Mine stops the 1.2.7 update from 1.1.33 at 1% every single time (tried about 20 times).

Why don’t you just put the solution up here?
Why email support?

Bit weird to like something bad, but indeed. It disconnects. Mine at 1%.

While we are happy to help here, any tech support issues need to be handled properly by our team

OK, done.

Weird, but still, it is so.

I just received my Anova Oven two days ago.

Once I connected the oven to my wifi successfully – 2.4ghz – not 5 – I tried updating the firmware from 1.1.23 to 1.2.7.

Each time I try, it gets to about 1% – and then stops. The app disconnects and the oven reverts to the default touchscreen layout – temp, time, etc. (I’ve turned off the bluetooth – tried with BT on and off.)

So, I, too, have the same issues as several posters here. I’m happy to email tech support – but has anyone successfully applied the upgrade?

Have a brand new router – both 2 and 5ghz bands – both bands separated (specifically for this oven – no walls in the way – about 30 feet away) – so I know for certain that it’s connecting (successfully) to the 2ghz band.

I’m able to use the current firmware without issue – but based on the comments here – and based on my weird experience trying to upgrade – the upgrade error is definitely not user error.

The app works fine – recipes load and work fine – and I have the latest Anova oven app on my iPhone 13 pro (brand new).

Any suggestions apart from emailing? Anyone successfully upgrade? If so, what was the specific process used? Did it disconnect? Did you have to keep trying?

EDIT: In fact, just connecting to the wifi for the initial setup was an ordeal. Very strange. I had to manually select the oven wifi in my wifi listing – then restart the app – and then – finally – the app listed nearby connections to connect to.

In other words, the app’s walkthrough for the initial connection didn’t work. I had to manually connect via my iPhone’s wifi, go back to the app, restart – and then it moved to the proper step.

Very odd. I have quite a few smart devices – ecobees, ring doorbell, etc-- and none have had the difficulties I’ve had initially connecting to this oven. I can’t imagine folks who are not IT-inclined – or IT aware – successfully connecting. It’s quite frustrating – and weird at this point. A WIFI connection these days should be seamless.

Confused.

1 Like

Please email support@anovaculinary.com and our tech support team can troubleshoot!

As Anova does not suggest a general solution, try this (it worked for me, I based my solution on my job):

Your phone probably has an auto-switch to the best network available. Turn that off (whether it is a separate app that does it automatically, or whether it is a setting in your phone).

Then try the procedure again.

I believe (still to be confirmed by Anova), that an Ad Hoc network is created at the time of OTA update.
As your phone then automatically switches back to a better network, it disconnects, leaving the APO in an undetermined state.

If this works for you, please report back in this group.

BTW: the solution Anova Tech support offers does not work (as you have experienced).

My iPhone 13 pro has no auto switch. Only ‘ask to join other networks’ (which is off) and ‘auto join hotspots’ (which is off – and shouldn’t apply.).

Your hypothesis is likely true because – as I mentioned – the Anova auto-setup (first time oven setup) didn’t work – I had to do it manually. Then restart the app, etc. etc.

It’s crazy. Connecting devices to networks now – in 2021 – should be easy. This is not tough. If my Ecobee and Ring can do it painlessly – literally within seconds – there’s no reason I need to fiddle with a high-tech oven released in 2020 and spend 30 minutes trying to trouble-shoot wifi.

The other issue that’s bugging me is that I shouldn’t have to “contact” anyone – the solution should be posted here. I had a similar issue with a Trager grill and wifi last year – and Traeger was great about acknowledging the issue, posting the possible fixes, and being public about it.

That said, I reread this post and saw that one problem might have been that Google cloud was down. However, when I tried this again a few minutes ago, Google Cloud was up and running – all green checkmarks – so issue is clearly with Anova – not Google, not me.

Still confused. I’ll keep trying. But again – I ask: has anyone successfully upgraded? It sounds like you upgraded – and that “auto connect” was the culprit?

EDIT2: The fact that ordered this – literally – two days ago and didn’t have the latest firmware – which has been out for what at least a couple weeks? A month? Is another head-scratcher. Not sure why a brand new – 48 hour old oven – doesn’t have the latest firmware (and water tank – which is another issue). I know warehouse issues, blah blah. Still. I buy an iPhone – and there’s no need to immediately update firmware.

Whining, yakking, I know, I know … The oven is great, though. Made spatchcocked chicken, asparagus last night – and egg bites earlier this morning.

Everything was absolutely perfect. It’s a great product – just lousy (rushed?) maintenance.

Yes, I succeeded updating by turning off the autoconnect.
The moment I turned off my scheduled job (every 10 seconds) to connect to the best available (already registered and credentials saved) network, it worked flawlessly.
I do however have an android device, so can’t help you with iPhone.

I agree with posting solutions here. That’s what I also said to Anova.

Been an Anova customer for 10 years approx, and yes they are helpful, but also yes, sometimes hard learning.

So here’s a weird thing: I disconnected my oven from my iPhone this morning and decided I was going to go through the setup process again to get 1.2.7 from 1.1.33.

Did the whole deal – four digit code on the oven, app on iPhone – and bam! everything connects fine. No issues. Connects within 15 seconds to my 2.4Ghz wifi.

Not anything like the 30 min process I described above.

Go to the settings on the app – and – lo and behold – I’m updated to 1.2.7. Have no idea how it happened or when it happened – and I certainly didn’t see it happen – but it was there: “You have the latest version.”

So, ok. I decide to cook instead of IT troubleshoot – and make some crispy fingerling potatoes and twice-baked sweet potatoes (usually don’t eat this amount of potatoes – but that’s what I had in my fridge.)

Everything perfect. Crispy on the inside, soft on the inside. Restaurant quality.

So… okay? Everything’s good… ? Sure!

I’ll take it.

EDIT: for reversed version numbers

1 Like

Super helpful! Thank you,

I successfully updated to the 1.2.7 by pressing the Wi-Fi button and the start button at the same time until the oven rebooted then it accepted the new upgraded firmware. This allows me to login and got firmware update 1.2.7