I just want to say that even though it was a bit longer of a wait than I wanted, it was worth the wait for me. I ordered 2 black 110v units off kickstarter and got them early December. Some of the foods I have cooked with it so far are:
- 4 Full racks of pork ribs at a time (Cooked at 145 for almost 2 days) - I have done this twice and gotten RAVE reviews from friends and family, I finish them off with BBQ sauce and a blow torch.
- 1.5 inch thick pork chops (Cooked at 145 for 1.5 hours) - Super juicy and delicious
- Chicken breasts - cooked both fresh and raw vac sealed frozen - Perfect!
- STEAKS!!! OMG so perfect cooked with a little salt (salt both before vac sealing and after taking out fo the bag) and finished off with a blow torch and smear some melted butter on top. I cooked 10 steaks at once for a big family gathering - 2 different temps: Med and Well. Everyone LOVED them, best steak anyone had ever had, literally. (NOTE: I tried cooking them with a pat of butter sealed in the vac sealed bag and they turned out dry, YMMV)
- Eggs!! One morning we had 15 people at our house for breakfast. No problem, I just put in 25 eggs in a 145 F water bath. 75 minutes later I took them out. I dropped them out to the shell directly to simmering water in a small pot on the stove for about 10-15 seconds. PERFECT poached eggs, the yolk is almost spreadable. Super RAVE reviews from the guests, and I could pump them out as fast as we could toast the bread.
- Salmon! Cooked at 130 F for 23 minutes and finished off with a blow torch (Note the super hot pan just seemed to over cook them). I vac packed them with some salt and a thin slice of lemon and torched them with the lemon still on. SO so so good!!! I cooked about 15 portions at once for Christmas dinner. Super big hit!!
I just hit one dish after another out of the park after another! I almost can’t seem to go wrong. I love this thing! I am using some cambrio containers that I got off of amazon to cook with them. No problems at all with either unit (Crossing my fingers). My wife was skeptical at first - especially when I bought 2, but she loved the results now! I also live that I can load up on meat and vac seal it when I get home, I can freeze it right in the bags and toss them right in to the sous vide water - just add an extra 15 minutes or so. I also used it to defrost my ribs in about 15-20 minutes so that I could half each rack to vac seal it the night before starting them cooking. It works like magic for defrosting. I am loving these things and they have changed the way I cook for the better.
So thanks Anova!!! Great devices and a super happy customer here!!