Give us App Feedback!

I’m pretty late to this conversation. But I’m asking for a UWP app for Windows/Xbox/HoloLens/Phone. I don’t own Android and iOS devices and my family doesn’t have plans to purchase any such devices. We however own Surface tablets, Xbox Ones, many Windows 10 IoT Core /w Cortana on Raspberry Pies, and Windows 10 Mobile devices. To use it’d be super cool to just say “Cortana, start the sous vide” or “Cortana, ask Anova to start cooking”. With Microsoft’s upcoming Harmon Cardon “Invoke” speaker this would make our house complete.

It’s hard for me to recommend Anova to my friends when I don’t even know how the app works. Because THAT’s the first question they ask me. Quite honestly the reason I bought the Anova is because I don’t need an app. But I do feel like I’ve been lobotomized when compared to all the features the app brings. There really isn’t any excuses anymore for not having a Windows ecosystem based app. Especially since Microsoft has bent over backwards to provide tools to port iOS apps to Windows using Project Centennial aka “Windows Bridge for iOShttps://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bridges/ios.

Facebook ported the iOS app to Windows and it’s pretty cool. Slack runs on everything now and it’s a chromium app.
Be like Facebook and Slack. Be cool. You’re only missing out on 700M Windows 10 users. But whateve’s. Vine didn’t build a Windows app until it was too late and look where Vine is today. [DEAD]

My $0.02.