Is it just me, or has anyone else found the instructions for setting up the timer on this device in the ‘Operating Manual’ misleading, or…er, just plain wrong?
If the Precision Cooker is already running and you follow the instructions in the ‘Operating Manual’ (ie Press and hold “Play/Start” for 8 seconds etc), you will appear to set the the timer but after a few seconds the display will revert to the set temperature and you will find that the cooker simply runs and runs.
A bit of trial and error suggests the following is the way to go:-
- Start from a position where the Cooker is not running (ie, when the “Play” button is showing red and the pump is not operating)
- Next, you need to have the timer display illuminated in blue. If it already is illuminated, then skip to Step 3. If it’s not illuminated then you need to press the “Play/Start” button for 8 seconds. Of course, whilst you’re doing this, the temperature units will change from Celcius to Fahrenheit (or vice versa). Therefore, once the timer display has illuminated, press the “Play/Start” button again for 3 seconds to change the temperature units back to your preference.
- OK, so now you should have the “Play/Start” button showing red and the timer button showing blue (and the Cooker not running). If that’s the situation, then
- Set the required temperature using the scroll wheel, then
- Press the timer button for 3 seconds, then
- Set the required time (in 5 minute increments) using the scroller wheel, then
- Press “Play/Start”.
If everything is working, the “set temperature” part of the display will alternate every few seconds between the temperature set and the time remaining (in 1 minute increments). When the time has expired, the Cooker will emit 3 short bleeps every few seconds, but will not switch off.
I hope this helps someone because, Lord knows, it took me long enough to work out.
Anova - sort your instructions out!