I am a first time user. I have the Anova Precision Cooker and the Anova reservoir. I want to cook 2 beef tenderloins (each 4 lbs). Can I do them at the same time?

I am a first time user. I have the Anova Precision Cooker and the Anova reservoir. I want to cook 2 beef tenderloins (each 4 lbs). Can I do them at the same time?

Sure. Provided that the container is big enough for you to have water movement around the items.

Remember, with sous vide cooking, that the thickness of an item is what will determine the time it takes for them to cook. Tenderloin, being a naturally tender cut, will only need to be brought up to you desired doneness temperature.

Thank you, so much! I cooked both roasts and they turned out perfectly.

1 Like

I love a happy ending. :smiley:

Does increasing the amount of meat ( 2 roasts instead of 1) increase the cooking time? I’m guessing the answer is no, unless the added roast is thicker.

Two correct guesses J.

Instead of guessing it’s better to use Dr. Baldwin’s tables for guidance.

http://www.douglasbaldwin.com/sous-vide

Fat content is the biggest issue with brisket. The flat is much leaner than the point so it affects cooking time. I’ve only smoked brisket so I’m curious to see how it will turn out. Watching a few videos on YouTube might be a good place to start, there’s plenty of them on doing a SV brisket although I haven’t seen any that cut the brisket beforehand.

Fat content has little or no impact on cooking sous vide. There is little fat rendering in regular sous vide processing temperatures.

Fat content is the biggest issue with brisket. The flat is much leaner than the point so it affects cooking time. I’ve only smoked brisket so I’m curious to see how it will turn out. Watching a few videos on YouTube might be a good place to start, there’s plenty of them on doing a SV brisket although I haven’t seen any that cut the brisket beforehand. Blockquote

thanks my issue has been fixed.