Looking for the iPhone App

…is the iPhone app out yet? If so, I need help locating it in the App Store.

See update #18 on the Kickstarter for information about the app (or lack there of). The Anova works perfectly fine without the app though, I’ve been using mine for a couple weeks already! :slight_smile: At least with you using an iOS device you can be confident you’ll get an app eventually. No mention has been made about the progress of the Android or Windows Phone apps. Update #18 link Anova Precision Cooker - Cook sous vide with your phone by Anova Culinary » Sous Vide is on the Way! — Kickstarter

Thanks! Exactly what I needed

Precision Cooker will not pair with my Iphone. What is the problem?

The version of bluetooth used in this device does not pair with a phone in the way headsets and keyboards and such do. They are paired within the actual app. Of course the Anova app has yet to be released but I’ve not heard of any problems with the 3rd party (paid) app that has been released for Android so it seems the bluetooth does work.

@tfmcal‌ The device won’t pair with your phone without the app.

@unixrab‌ we’re slightly delayed with submitting the app as we dedicated all of our resources the past few weeks to finishing Kickstarter and pre-order fulfillment. We’re on target now to submit in the next few weeks for review/release. We’ll post an update as soon as we submit. Thanks for your patience.

So how does one use this sousvide w/out the app? Instructions somewhere I can send to a frustrated recipient of this gift?

So how does one use this sousvide w/out the app? Instructions somewhere I can send to a frustrated recipient of this gift?

The app is not required to use the device, it operates normally. The temperature and timer can be set manually using the play button and temp wheel.

To use the device:

• Secure it to a vessel that has water in in it and be sure that the device is lowered far enough down into the water as indicated on the side of the device.
  • Plug it in.
  • Roll the wheel up or down to choose what temperature you would like to sousvide at.
  • Press the start button which is located under the desired temperature.

You will hear the device switch on and water will begin circulating and heating to the desired temperature.