Precision oven moisture in between glass

Because I’m still waiting to hear back from them. Then I’ll decide if I’m happy about their plan to fix it. You’re right though. I probably should soon. I’m thinking along the lines of trying it a bit longer too. To see if I would like one once they iron out all the issues

Well, some cosmetic issues wont prevent you from using it for 2 months and then returning it.

How is it performing for you otherwise? The bread and pizza work out ok? For me it does bread very well. We get more oven spring than using a cloche and we appreciate more precise temp control. If I had it just for bread we would be happy.

If this was my only appliance and the price was a lot of money relatively speaking I’d maybe be less excited. As it is I’m fortunate enough that this is an entertainment gadget. I’m not going to give up my Breville Air that sits across the kitchen from it and eventually I’m going to have to decide where this thing goes. The Breville is a work horse.

Lose the plastic, give me a non black color, hide the water tank, give me a different option for escaping steam and I’d be happier and more inclined to see if it can supplant the Breville for all tasks. I’d actually pay more for those things. I’d pay 1K for a more refined package now that I’ve used it.

While it looks like there are at least a couple threads related to the moisture in between the glass I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe that Anova can resolve the issue. I have a more recent batch and am seeing the same moisture, combined with a permanent fogging between the glass and plastic discoloration.

Has anyone been able to get this resolved?

1 Like

I contacted customer service about this and they told me to run the oven at high heat without steam for a certain amount of time and it should clear (would have to find the email to get the exact instructions). Only to recur again the next time I used steam, I assume. So I didn’t bother.

Sadly I don’t think there is a solution and they don’t seem to want to replace my faulty unit. I tried the high heat recommendation, but it did not resolve. I originally contacted support back on 2/28/2021. Over 60 days later and I don’t have a solution.

No, you’re not alone! I’ve had the same issue with moisture between the oven door glass too. It can be quite frustrating.

Moisture between 2 clear panels?
What is the construction material there? ,…is it borosilicate glass on glass (i’d hope)
What is the seal made from & how is it held in place?
Is the seal consumer replaceable as part of items that wear over time? …my woodstove has seals that need replacing over time affecting seal & draw, I accept this as part of the pleasure of a wbs & the results from it & fuels put in, are there any consumer maintainable parts on this oven?

Not surprised the answer to moisture between panels is non steam heat (sustained) , …not rocket science but does warrant scrutiny.

On another note, I wish the electronic heart was offboard (other side of the water container to act as heat shielding bearing in mind the form & function & masses of heat & steam in play