Sous Vide Beverage, Anyone?

Has anyone used their Anova to sous vide beverages? I’ve been perusing the Anova beverage recipes and I think it’s time I give sous vide mixology a try. I would love some suggestions from anyone who has done this - doesn’t have to be one of the Anova recipes, any recommendations would be appreciated :slight_smile:

What kind of beverages are you thinking of? Since heated liquids essentially have no temperature gradient due to circulation and Brownian motion, wouldn’t a saucepan on a hob give better results? I imagine the SV technique might produce something that gels or solidifies on the outside yet remains liquid inside since it’s heated from all around, not just from the base, but for the life of me I can’t think of anything other than some kind of baked Alaska that would fit the bill.

@Fudspong Thank you for your insight - I learn so much from everyone in these forums!! Anyways, I’m not sure, but that’s a great point. Now I’m even more curious to try one out - I was thinking of doing one of these recipes: Cocktails beverages - Sous Vide Recipes

The limoncello cocktail one sounds pretty good. Do you think doing a beverage without alcohol would have the issue of a solidified outside or would it not matter?