Storing Your Anova Cooker

Mine live in here.

Not sure how that photo is going to work posting from android chrome!?

(Edit, so where is the rotate button :wink: )

@Fudspong & @stoneymatt Love these, both are great. We have such crafty community members!

I was digging through my cabinet the other day and found a little gem a makeshift stand so I can keep my Precision Cooker on the counter - it’s so pretty. While I haven’t done it yet, I’m thinking of padding up and decorating one of those beer can chicken holders (the little gem I was referring to) and standing it in the corner of my kitchen.

If I actually do this successfully (my creative ideas come to life similar to many of these pinstrocities) I’ll share a photo of it.

For now, here’s what I am talking about using:[missing image removed]

The cardboard tube that the device is shipped in is arguably cleaver, but will not last after repeated usage. It is also a pain to re-assemble. I’m looking for a reasonable, (cheap), and easier to use container and padding for the controller. I have, I think, successfully, cased one in a Pelican IM2306. Although, at $75, it didn’t really make sense to do that. Pick and Pluck foam seems to be readily available, so I am hoping that someone has an better idea.

I had been using a Glass Beer Pitcher on the counter. After the device is cool and dry it does fit niclet into the cooler that I plan to use as a cooking vessel in the near future!

@bigfish3 Awesome! Have you crafted it yet or is it still in the making?

What about a PVC pipe, cut to length, with basic foam wrapped around the Anova One before inserting? 

I just received mine, today (PRECISION), and its in use for 48 hours for a 4 lb grass-fed organic brisket. Hadn’t thought about storage, yet.   But PVC with foam seems like it might work for the unit?  

After drying I store mine wrapped in an old towel and placed in my Cambro container. I also keep my vacuum bags and rolls here as well. The container has a cover and it all fits nicely on a shelf in the garage within easy reach.

Hi Everyone,

I was concerned about finding a good case to store and travel with my Anova Immersion Cooker.  I was wrapping it in a towel and putting it in a bag on top of my refrigerator which was ok, but honestly, for as much benefit and pleasure I get from my Anova, it felt inadequate, and was not a solution for when I take it on the road with me to friends or family to cook for them.

That being said, I designed and had manufactured a nice case for my Anova for storage and travel.

Here are a couple pics of it or you can go to my website www.sousvide.solutions to check it out.

If you have a need or interest in buying one, you can use the Coupon Code: ANOVA20 and you will get 20% off your order.

[missing images removed]

1 Like

I kept the box but cut down the long sides slightly and it fits inside a hard plastic tool box! Uploading… Uploading…

2 Likes

If you’re going to post that, you need to post the source for the toolbox.

I provided the tape measure to show length. Anova is available world wide so the toolbox I bought for 5 bucks in Australia may not be available elsewhere but the measurements of the insert is all anyone requires :blush:

1 Like

Bunnings? :grin:

You can buy a carry case made specifically for the Anova from Amazon.co.uk for £15.99. See here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/LTGEM-Carrying-Precision-Bluetooth-Accessories/dp/B06XVPLVX3/ref=sr_1_1

That’s exactly what my dad does. I got one from him that my mom had given him because she realize she doesn’t have the time to use it because somethings may take an hour or longer and she just doesn’t have that kind of time but dad does so she gave it to him but it’s not the right diameter for the cooler so he gave it to me. Because he had a different brand and it was a different size. I absolutely love mine. But he had a cooler that was something you carry to a party with handles on either side and it’s got wheels and the lid has indented circles where you can put a drink . He used a tool to cut that circle out of the lid and stuck his sous vide into that and he fills it with water between the minimum and maximum line on his so that he doesn’t feel it too much or too little and then he drops his food that is in a vacuum sealed bag that came with his machine and he does it that way and it’s great for traveling because he can stick his sous vide into the cooler for traveling and if need be he just packs cushioning in the air to protect it from bouncing around but he uses it as his water bath and it is fantastic for doing such I don’t have nearly a big enough kitchen because I’m in an apartment with a galley kitchen so I don’t have the room for that but he loves doing that and he thinks it’s cheaper just to get the sous vide that you clip on to the edge of your pot then to get the sous vide that comes with the bowl and the lid and the heating element blah blah blah it’s a lot cheaper just to get a couple dollar plastic cooler that you would stick your beers in at a tailgate party and use that as your waterbath it’s a lot more efficient and cooks faster if you have a lid. So get a cooler that has a lid that you can cut a hole in the lid the diameter of your sous vide stick and voilà you have everything you need. then close it up set your time and your temperature the way that the machine says so and it will do its thing beautifully with the lid closable and no air escapes because the whole you made to stick your sous vide in is the diameter

Cooking sous vide takes longer, sure, but it’s unattended time and flexible. The idea that someone doesn’t have time to cook this way is a sign of not understanding how it works.

My mom works until 6:30 PM most nights and then she has to go to the salon and do her hair or whatever she has to do. or she might get off at four to make time for her salon appointment for a hair or nails sometime she does both and then she’ll be home around 630 7 o’clock and sometimes her boyfriend needs help with office work she just doesn’t always have the time to sit around and prepare the food and then get it ready for the machine and prep the machine she just doesn’t understand that it’s pretty simple but it does take a few minutes to prep the food and get it ready and then it’s an whole hour before you can eat it . But like me I only work four hours a day and then I work sometimes in the evenings so I’ve got a lot more open time and like my dad he works till four and then he’s home he doesn’t do anything so he’s got time to prep and put the food in the machine and use it whereas my mom never does because she’s always doing something after work before she can make it home like a lot of times I call her on her way home and she’s picking up dry cleaning or she’s on the way to get her haircut and colored or she’s on the way to drop off some paperwork for her boyfriend who’s a tax consultant and she then gets to go home so that would be the reasoning but I’ve told her many times that she could keep one for the weekend when she has the time off and she could prep some food on her time off and put it in the fridge and then she could cook things on the weekends when she’s got more time and she could help Jeff with work and watch TV and go clean the house and do whatever and she could even leave the house and that Jeff could take it out of that machine when it’s done and go back to his work as he works from home and then it would be easy. but that’s a lost one there she’s missing out I think it would be awesome for her but at least I’m getting some use out of it and I’m loving it I’ve had mine for three days and I’ve used it twice already and I’m gonna do it again this weekend for a friend who just had her baby 48 hours ago . I’m making pork tenderloin it’s gonna be awesome it’s got garlic and onion and brown sugar and then I’m gonna roast some veggies separately

I’m sorry, I wasn’t having a dig at your mum. But most folk under estimate the flexibility that sous vide offers. It needn’t take any more attentive time than other modes of cooking, once you’ve got the hang of the concept. They see a steak cook listed as 4 hours and think ‘I don’t have time for that.’

Sous vide processing actually allows more flexibility than traditional cooking methods. It does take planning. But it takes batch cooking and preparing to new levels… cook all your proteins for the week at once, chill and store in the fridge ready for quick meals when time is short.

Throw a roasting cut of meat in to cook in the morning before heading off for work or at night before going to bed, and have it cooked ready for dry and sear in the 15mins available for meal prep between job A and job B. And the cuts that benefit most from the long cooking times tend to be cheaper and more flavourful.

The biggest issue is the learning curve required, which does take time. Hopefully when you’ve got the hang of it you can convince your mum to give it another try.

Have a good look over the Blog (accessible from footer menu). Cole has written several articles on batch cooking to make midweek meal prep quicker and the Serious Eats website has some articles on the subject too.