Recipe Name: Truffled egg bites
This is an up-market variation on the Star Bucks egg bites. The truffle aroma and fluffy texture make this a very tasty treat, especially if you add a few truffle shavings to the mixture.
Recipe Temp: 75 ºC (176 ºF)
Recipe Time: 50 minutes (10 minutes preparation, 40 minutes cook time)
- 5 eggs (300 g total)
- 125 g ricotta cheese
- 125 g thick cream
- 50 g truffled parmesan, truffled pecorino, or similar truffled hard cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 1 smoked pickled mushroom
- 1 slice semi-dried tomato
- 2–3 stalks garlic chives
- 6 small (4 oz) sterilized mason jars
- Grate cheese, and combine with cream, ricotta, eggs, and salt.
- Blend mixture until perfectly smooth.
- Slice mushroom and tomato into six pieces each and place one piece of each of into each jar. Fill jars with egg mixture.
- Drop three or four short pieces of garlic chives on top of the mixture for decoration.
- Add a few drops of truffle oil to each jar.
- Loosely seal mason jars and cook at 75 ºC for 40 minutes.
For a more intense truffle aroma, add a few shavings of black or white truffle to the mixture and keep it in a sealed container in the fridge for 24 hours before filling the jars.