Recipe Name: Truffled egg bites
This is an up-market variation on the Star Bucks egg bites. The truffle aroma and fluffy texture make this a very tasty treat, especially if you add a few truffle shavings to the mixture.
Recipe Temp: 75 ºC (176 ºF)
Recipe Time: 50 minutes (10 minutes preparation, 40 minutes cook time)
1. 5 eggs (300 g total)
2. 125 g ricotta cheese
3. 125 g thick cream
4. 50 g truffled parmesan, truffled pecorino, or similar truffled hard cheese
5. ½ tsp salt
6. 1 tsp truffle oil
7. 1 smoked pickled mushroom
8. 1 slice semi-dried tomato
9. 2–3 stalks garlic chives
10. 6 small (4 oz) sterilized mason jars
1. Grate cheese, and combine with cream, ricotta, eggs, and salt.
2. Blend mixture until perfectly smooth.
3. Slice mushroom and tomato into six pieces each and place one piece of each of into each jar. Fill jars with egg mixture.
4. Drop three or four short pieces of garlic chives on top of the mixture for decoration.
5. Add a few drops of truffle oil to each jar.
6. Loosely seal mason jars and cook at 75 ºC for 40 minutes.
For a more intense truffle aroma, add a few shavings of black or white truffle to the mixture and keep it in a sealed container in the fridge for 24 hours before filling the jars.