Water is not heating

Hi, i’ve purchased an “Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker | WI-FI + Bluetooth | 900W” in United Stated with a US plug and 110v voltage.

I am living outside of USA and in my country the voltage os 220v
For that i’ve purchased a 220v to 110v converter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G94DGYR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This converter is working also for high power devices up to 2000watts.

Unfortunately for some reasons, my cooker is not heating the water at all.
Yesterday it was heating the water but was not able to sustain to 60 degree Celsius.
I dont understand what is the issue ?
Can it be my Anova device is not working properly?
Is my converter not good ? if yes what is wrong ?

Any help will be helpful ?

Thanks

Yohan, it’s regrettable you are having operational challenges with your new Anova.

Your posting on Community is misdirected, for technical and product support for your new Anova please redirect you message to Support.

Someday this category will drop the “Support” in its title and customers will receive prompt and appropriate assistance from the expert Anova team members, not just the Community of users lurking here.

Unfortunately we don’t recommend the use of converters with the Anova Precision Cookers, as this would void warranty. However, I’d still reach out to support for troubleshooting.

Just so everyone’s aware, we do carry different plug types and voltages.
https://store.anovaculinary.com

Hi Alyssa, thanks for the answer. I was not able to find in Amazon.com internal plug so i purshased the US version with a converter.
What is not clear to me what is wrong with that except the warranty issue.

Voltage converters typically aren’t designed for such high wattage appliances (others include coffee makers, hair dryers, curling irons, etc). Running these appliances through a voltage converter will eventually damage the converter - then it will most likely either fuse shut or open (the former is what you DON’T want, as it will subject your 110v appliance to the 220v current - typically “frying” the appliance in short order.

1 Like

Thanks fischersd for the quick answer

I know this is not the best usage, but for that i bought a converter that can support high voltage up to 2000 watts
I am trying to understand what is wrong in my current configuration

I think equipment manufacturers advise against using such converters on a routine basis as there’s no way for them to know how reliable the converter is (eg. suppose the converter has a flaw and provides 150V to your appliance and causes it to fail or malfunction in some way). The user would submit a warranty claim, when really it’s the manufacturer of the converter that’s at fault, but there’s no way for the appliance maker to know this…root cause analysis is typically done later on, after the warranty exchange has already been completed…usually leaving the company no recourse to recoup their costs that they shouldn’t have incurred.