Why did my APO shut off in the middle of the night?

I’ve got a beef roast cooking in a bag on sous vide mode in the oven, for 24 hours. The oven shut off very early this morning. The beef was still warm, so I turned it back on. But, why… I didn’t set the timer. If you don’t set the timer, does it just shut off after a certain amount of time?

Super annoying.

Oh, and the display was off, but the fan was still running.

Power hiccup, maybe? It doesn’t sound like something the oven is supposed to do unless there’s a problem with the unit. Did the cook complete?

Nope, it did not complete. The fan was still on though, but the heat and display were off. Look like it might be a bug, other people seem to have had this problem. I opened a support ticket.

If it was a power hiccup, I would have gotten an alert from my UPS’s and my Sense power monitor, and I got neither.

Fair enough. I’m grasping at straws, here. Hope they sort you out!

Not sure this applies. I had a glitch that would not clear until the oven had been unplugged for 30 minute then plugged back in. The the firmware code level did not change but it apparently reloaded? Had a open ticket with Anova Precision oven support with no feedback what has happening. This cleared a condition that made the oven preheated would go into a long decline of temp when cold baking content was put into the oven. (this was repeatable until the unplugging was done)

I opened a ticket 4 days ago and haven’t heard anything back. I have another 24 hour cook coming up, and I don’t trust this thing.

Not sure this applies. I had a glitch that would not clear until the oven had been unplugged for 30 minute then plugged back in. The the firmware code level did not change but it apparently reloaded? Had an open ticket with Anova Precision oven support with no feedback what has happening.