Alexa skill for UK

Please hurry up and get the skill out there for the UK!

If I gave you an ETA, Iā€™d be lying. Nobody wants to do that. I will be following up with the team after the holidays to see where we are with this project.

Hi, any news on this?
Matt

Unfortunately not. :confused: The community will be the first place I update when the skill is done for the UK.

Disappointed to find out there are such restrictions when advertised as an Alexa enabled product. Will the promised UK skill also work in other northern European countries?

Looking for the skill guys it has been since june 2017 and nothing yet?

Plus i also know a big feature from the app is going to be missing. SCHEDULING.

You could have done something amazing by enabling scheduling from alexa, to start cooking at a specified time but i feel is going to be missing as it is not present in the US app as well.

Thatā€™s how you let competitors get ahead of your brand.

If it was actually language as opposed to Country/Amazon, then Australia, Canada and the UK would have been first (as the author is in Australia).

Amazon forces the publishing of these skills for each of their locales, so each country that has their own storefront will need their own skill. (people need to complain to Amazon to fix this).

As @fischersd mentioned, getting the skill across many different locales can be pretty convoluted. But I sincerely understand how annoying it can be not having the skill your GEO. I have no new updates for the Alexa skill in UK. :confused:

Just adding my name to the list of people waiting for this skill.

I am also waiting

Hey folks, I got some info from my teammate regarding the skill:

The Alexa skill is undergoing a major overhaul to make it more reliable in response to questions and concerns from Amazon. Amazon and Anova came to the decision that we would temporarily suspend the skill until the refactoring and testing was complete. We have completed this refactoring and made the skill much easier to use, and will be entering into testing on Friday 2/16/18. The ETA for release is not yet decided, but itā€™s likely to take at least one to two weeks before testing completes, Amazon certifies our skill, and the skill is re-enabled.

Thanks, this is great news!
When the skill is re-enabled after the refactor will it be enabled for all the languages available to Alexa?
English (Australia)
English (Canada)
English (India)
English (UK)
English (US)
German

Thanks,
-Coley.

Well this is the first positive advance since I raised the topic back in June of last year. However, as Coley has asked will this mean that the other regions will get the skill once it has been improved along side the USA or will this just be an improvement destined only for the US market again? I wait with bated breath.

Once we get the skill re-enabled for the U.S., will be working on getting U.K. next, then other GEOS (not sure of the order after that).

BTW, we just resubmitted the skill to Amazon yesterday. It will be reviewed and we anticipate having it back on in the next ~7 business days. Iā€™ll keep you guys updated. :muscle:

So when you say youā€™ve submitted the Skill for approval, you are referring to the US version?

Bit odd to post that in a thread specifically asking about the UK skill.

Also, since you have spent your time on an overhaul to the US Skill during the last nine monthsā€¦ Have you actually been working on a UK version or are you just playing lip service to the idea? It certainly sounds like your management decided to redo the US version rather than starting on any other languages.

Hi, Did the re-factor get approved for the US version?
if so when can we hope to have this submitted for use in the UK?

Thanks,
-Coley.

@coley No, the skill for the U.S. hasnā€™t been reapproved. We donā€™t have an ETA for the UK yet.

Thanks - do you have a new eta for the US one? you expected within 7 days 20 days ago.
We live in hope for UK one once US get re-approved :slight_smile:

The skill was resubmitted, but unfortunately, it needs to be reworked on again. No hard ETA to give you guys. But Iā€™ll keep everyone updated.

6 weeks onā€¦ any updates? This is embarrassing for Anova.