Alexa skill for UK

Since there is no released US Alexa skill for the Anova what do you mean by this statement? I understand that you want an Alexa skill and that they’ve taken forever getting it out, but didn’t they always say that the US version was being done first, then the UK version? Neither US nor UK versions are out.

When I bought my Anova one of the biggest selling points was that you could use Amazon Alexa along with Anova to help cook your food. It was included in your advertisements. At no point did it say only works in USA. That was only made clear when I questioned that. The US priority only came into affect when the skill ran into problems with Amazon which in turn knocked the UK skill further back down the chain. So please don’t give me the defence that that the US skill was always the priority. You were happy to take my UK £s for your machine and never once said that we will taking those with dollars as a priority. After all the BS about working on the skill you have finally admited that you’ve moved on to as you say other projects. Probably because you can’t get it to work. Can’t get Amazon to agree it, or you just feel that it doesn’t matter now you’ve sold enough and have new products to sell. Please spare me the outrage at being called out for selling a product that fails to perform the skill which differentiated it from the competition.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply - albeit disappointing to have to ask the question each month and you react and provide information, rather than being proactive and keeping the community informed of your companies shift in focus - forewarned is forearmed :slight_smile:
But again - the information leaves us without answers “another project” doesn’t give us information - will there be progress on the app? updates for Nano? more progress on the oven?
I know your blog in Sept stated “We have decided to focus the next few months on building out the underlying technology necessary to continually update, improve, and release new features in a sustainable way.” What does that mean in practical terms?

Thanks
Coley.

Maybe now is a good time to revisit release of the API to the Community? We in the Community could code the required skill if Anova doesn’t have the manpower. Just a thought…

1 Like

given that the original skill came externally from @Walter_Ego and was taken in-house.
-Coley.

Yep, always found that humorous…the skill was developed by an Aussie - so you would think UK English would have been first, no?

The “rub” is that Amazon (in their infinite insanity) needs the skills published per country. Me, I think it should be a one-time publish of a language and available to all countries (then Australia, Canada, the UK - and everywhere else that they speak English - other than the Americans who bastardized their version :wink: would be set).

But, as they say, common sense is all too uncommon.

Still no news? If one of my software projects over ran by this long I’d get the sack.

1 Like

^^^ @Squizzer

Hi @AlyssaWOAH

Just to fully clarify (as this thread is entitled “Alexa skill for UK”) - work on the Alexa skill has been de-prioritized for ALL countries, not just the UK…correct?

Yes, that is unfortunately correct.

And yet Apple’s making Apple Music available on Alexa and other Android devices.

Maybe someone at Anova should ask your Electrolux overlords for more R&D funding? :smiley:

T’would be kinda nice for there to be timely delivery of software features.

@AlyssaWOAH do you have visibility on the other project? maybe details you can share which could give us some indication on when the Alexa skill can be revisited and it’s priority increased.
Thanks
Coley.

Our biggest project right now is to make the flow of getting folks connected to Wi-Fi much smoother.

Okay, thanks for the update.
I’m amazed at a company as big as Electrolux - there aren’t s/w dev resources to work on other aspects of the product.
Wireless connectivity can be picky with the range of consumer wifi routers out there - but surely the Amazon Alexa skill is totally separate to firmware and app local wifi interaction. Alexa and Anova interaction is all in the cloud.

-Coley.