Alexa skill missing

Physical store in Redmond WA

Absolutely unbelievable, It’s so irritating that companies can just advertise features that don’t exist and then “de-prioritize” creating the feature a year later. This kind of thing can and should lead to class action law suites.

Not only does Target advertise this as being compatible with Alexa but so does your Amazon listing.

This is a bit shocking that it’s been this long and you still don’t have Alexa integration even though you clearly advertise it. As Dustin_Allen_Mundy said, the Amazon listing still lists Alexa integration. This has been an issue for a year now. I think this is a clear example of false advertising.

I’ve notified our retail team to have that taken down.

Went to set up my device today and it’s still advertised on the Anova app for iOS that there is an Amazon Alexa skill. As others have stated, it’s incredibly frustrating that this is an advertised skill. It wasn’t a primary reason that the device was purchased, but I was excited to see that I could connect the two. I just spent way too much time than I’d like to admit trying to enable the skill (which still shows up on Amazon but not the Alexa app) only to come to this board and realize that there isn’t actually a skill.

Even more frustrating is the fact that this has been an issue for over a year and yet it’s still being advertised and the skill pops up on Amazon. As much as I’d like to appreciate that fixing the app has been “deprioritized” there’s simply no excuse that it’s still being advertised as an option.

I 100% agree that the skill should not be advertised anywhere until we can get it back up and running again. I totally get the frustration and I understand why everyone is not happy with this. If anyone sees it advertised elsewhere, please let me know so I can get it removed. I am currently working with the retail team to get the Alexa mention removed from our products on Amazon.

How about having he tech team add the skill back to Alexa instead of trying to remove all mentions of this amazon skill

Yes, that would be ideal. Other projects have taken priority.

Closing topic as there is no new information and OP’s question has been answered. The skill once was available, but had to be removed because it was not at the standard it should have been. Unfortunately, it’s not currently being worked on as other projects have taken priority. I know this sucks, but I do want to be transparent with you all. Will keep you updated if anything changes.