Anova makes a clicking sound when I plug it in

I took the ANOVA out of the box, set it up like normal, plugged it in, and it just sits there and makes a clicking sound. I cannot connect to it and the display is dark.

Any ideas?

Is the unit running, and does it have water past the min mark?

1 Like

Definitely sounds like you have a defective unit. You should contact support.

3 Likes

Does not run. No display. Just sits there and makes a clicking sound. Water was above the minimum line.

I would agree with @fischersd. Exchange it and get a working unit.

DJ, your outreach to the Community of Anova users might not resolve your lamentable situation other than elicit sympathy.

You could be more successful in resolving your problem by contacting Anova Support with your message and provide the Anova employees with as much specific product information as you can.

Good luck.

1 Like

BlackCat,

Already put in the ANOVA request, but knew I wouldn’t get assistance yesterday (Christmas). I was hoping that someone else had encountered the problem and that there was a quick fix.

None came. But it was worth a shot.

DJ

Good to now DJ, thank you.

I hope it’s just sleeping and not dead.

@Deejay13 so what happened later? Looks like I have the same issue you described.

I know this is an old post, but I was hoping this was something that had been resolved. My Anova circulator is most definitely out of warranty, but I’ve just recently acquired all of the necessities to do sous vide right.

When I plugged in my unit, the screen was black and it made a repetitive clicking sound every 1-2 seconds. The water level was at an acceptable level. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but it just did the same thing. It did this for a few minutes while I was looking for an explanation or solution. Eventually the clicking became slower and the screen started flicking on then back off for longer periods. Eventually it stayed on and I was able to turn the machine on.

I’ve only had a chance test this out tonight, so I’m afraid it’s the beginning of the end, the circulator’s death knell. I imagine eventually it just won’t turn back on and I’ll have to buy a new one. I just hope it doesn’t happen when I’m about to start a cook.

Hi JD, it might be time to consider acquiring a backup circulator.

If you are handy in an electrical engineering way you might be able to open the unit and diagnose the cause of the clicking. Sounds like a stuck relay switch somewhere. Perhaps a call or message to Anova Support above will result in better informed suggestions.