Anova PC

I have an Anova PC wifi/ Bluetooth i haven’t used for about 12 months but am now hoping to start using again. Previously it was connected to my WiFi and the app was a great asset to its use. I now however cant get it to connect again to my network and from advice here and Anova support have done the following.
Reset the Anova at least 5 times via holding the wifi led
Deleted and reinstalled the Anova App on my iPhone-Twice
Held it next to my wifi router.
After some 20 attempts i am still getting the something is wrong message.

Things I have noticed:
The blue LED wifi light flashes during setup and will sometimes go to flashing white for a few seconds before returning to blue flashing
When I see the correct details displayed for the model I have and select continue i am presented with a screen asking for my SSID. I would expect the unit would have searched and displayed local SSID for me to choose from but it is just blank
I manually enter the ssid and am wondering if that process means the unit doesn’t find my SSID as it hasn’t already seen it.
This is confirmed further as if I deliberately enter an incorrect password it doesnt advise that as incorrect. I just get “something is wrong” message.
I cant disable the 5ghz channel but the 2.5ghz is using the correct 802.11b/g/n standard
Hoping someone here can suggest a fix or advise what I am doing wrong.
Cheers for any responses.
Les

Plenty of detail on the forum re installation.
However you’d be best to contact anova direct for a do-over, maybe they can shed some light?