Connect Precision Cooker 3.0 to Wi-Fi

I was having trouble connecting my new Precision Cooker 3.0 to Wi-Fi using my iPhone 14 Pro Max.

So, I contacted Anova support via support@anovaculinary.com

In less than 15 hours (overnight) I got detailed instructions. I followed those instructions & the connection to Wi-Fi was quick & flawless.

It even updated my Firmware to 01.01.12 after it was connected.
Gave me the option to do it then or do it later.

Below are the instructions I was given:

Peter Chua** (Anova Culinary)
Aug 7, 2024, 6:09 AM PDT

Hi,

Thank you for contacting our support team! I’m happy to help you with your Anova connectivity issue.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

-Disable your phone’s WiFi. This will prevent your phone from automatically connecting to your home network, which can interfere with the Anova app’s ability to detect the Anova’s WiFi network.
-Open your phone’s settings and make sure “Join WiFi automatically” (Android) or “Auto Join” (iPhone/iPad) is disabled. This will prevent your phone from automatically joining existing networks and interrupt the process of connecting to your Anova.
-Please make sure all permissions are allowed for the app. (Please check your Android / iOS settings)
-Open the Anova app and go through the setup process. When you get to the step where you’re prompted to connect to a WiFi network, select the Anova’s WiFi network. The network will be called something like “Anova1234.”
-Once you’re connected to the Anova’s WiFi network, you’ll be prompted to enter your home WiFi network’s credentials. Enter your home WiFi network’s name and password.
Once you’re connected to your home WiFi network, the Anova should be online. You can test this by opening the Anova app and testing a cook.

Let me know how it goes.

Best,

Peter Chua
Anova Culinary
www.anovaculinary.com

I did NOT have to 1st connect to the Anova Wi-Fi Network as noted in the above instructions.
It let me connect directly to my Network.

Hope this helps someone!

2 Likes