Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker

I bought an Anova Precision Cooker with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. I’d strongly recommend you don’t buy one. I used mine successfully the first time. The second time, the Bluetooth connection wouldn’t work, the Wi-Fi connection wouldn’t work, the Anova app wouldn’t recognise the device, the timer didn’t work and the temperature sensor didn’t work so the water just kept getting hotter. A significant amount of contact with the Anova Help Centre did not resolve any of the problems. I believe the issues are common across the model. I assume this explains the price reductions since I bought mine.

Hey - what was your ticket number? I can look into this. Sounds like a defective unit that we can definitely help you with.

I bought the same model as you did @amofqld, and I’ve experienced no problems whatsoever. What is it that makes you think the issues you’ve personally experienced are “common across the model”? I haven’t made the assumption that everyone else who purchased the same unit as I have has been “problem free” just because I’ve had no problems. What has made you think that most other people have experienced the problems you have? Seriously, I’m curious.

1 Like

There have been lots of complaints about the Wi-Fi in these forums, and I’ve never been able to get mine to work reliably. The issue seems to be that the reception is very poor, so if you don’t have a strong signal in your kitchen it just drops the connection or won’t connect at all. And the bluetooth feature is pretty useless, IMHO. If you’re close enough for a bluetooth connection (generally under 30 ft), what’s the point of using the app vs just setting it manually? Plus, I’ve had experiences with the unit resetting/mis-setting when bluetooth is lost and reestablished, which creates serious issues for cooking.

That said, I’ve never had any issues when setting the device manually, so that’s what I always do. I’m not really happy about having paid for features that don’t work correctly, but the core heating function is solid.

I set the unit manually. For me the Wifi is a handy way to keep an eye on things remotely, just to ensure things are running while I’m away.