So what you're saying is that you're resetting the APC back to default (factory) settings, then trying to do the setup on the Asus WAP with no success?
The quick issues most people run into:
- your phone has to be connected to the target network during installation
- only 2.4GHz network (no 5GHz radio in the APC)
- 802.11 b/g/n - using any other protocol - a or AC for example, not going to fly.
- you need the APC to be close to the WAP for initial setup (believe the guide says 5 feet?)
- password has to be 19 characters or less, no special characters or spaces
- don't think you can have a space in the network name either (SSID).
Again....as you have two WAP's in your home, if you had the same network (SSID, password, encryption) on both, the APC should just transition from one to the other without knowing the difference.