Anyway to "snooze" the beeping when the timer is done?

I used mine for the first time yesterday and I was able to turn off the timer beeps simply by the timer icon on the face of the screen.

Yes, you can do that. But you canā€™t stop it from the app, only on the device.

Itā€™s now more than 2 years since this thread started.

To those of you ā€œhelping,ā€ yes, we all know you can silence the alarm from the unit itself. What the complaint is here is that all aspects of the unit can be controlled from an app, but not an unnecessarily annoying alarm. The insistencePreformatted text of the alarm would make sense if there were danger, or even if food would be ruined. But thatā€™s not the case here, is it?

Itā€™s not unlike the annoying beep on the microwave when foodā€™s done. EXCEPT most microwaves have a feature to turn that unnecessary alarm off.

So what most people here are asking for is 1) opt NOT to have the ā€œim doneā€ alarm go off, or better 2) fix the Bluetooth only version to allow silencing the alarm from the app.

If these are technically impossible, it would be nice to hear why. If itā€™s a design/safety decision, it would be nice to have that explained (although, from your very own help section of the site, you CAN silence the alarm from the app if you have WiFi/Bluetooth, just not Bluetooth, so that canā€™t be the reason, right?).

I have the WiFi version and the support page says I should be able to turn off the beeping from the appā€¦can anyone tell me if this is actually possible? Or, is it a lie? Seems pretty ridiculous that this hasnā€™t been fixed yet.

Another person super annoyedā€¦ I could see once every 5 minutes? But 5 seconds!?! ā€¦ I thought I was crazy, there had to be a feature to turn this offā€¦

Better yet, option to keep cooking, or turn off water when timer ends.

Putting my baby to sleep, suddenly alarm is non stop beeping! Give me 5 minutes, Iā€™ll be right there!

2 Likes

Hey, letā€™s bring this annoying behaviour into 2019. I do have the Wifi/Bluetooth version, and I just found that Anova claims I can stop it from the app - right form their support page:
ā€œHow to stop beeping: In order to stop the beeping, Precision Cooker WIFI+Bluetooth owners will be able to stop the beeping via the app.ā€

Really? HOW? There is NO button to silence the alarm in the app. Here is a hint - when building a support page, you never, EVER, just tell people they CAN do something, you tell and/or show them HOW. Even if you think the answer is obvious, it isnā€™t to someone. The cooker is OK. I have never used it on anything other than a manual time and temp, the ā€œrecipeā€ integration means nothing to me.

Throw us a bone here, Anova - give us a way to disable the useless alarm altogether, or at LEAST explain how to silence the alarm from the app. If it isnā€™t possible, DONā€™T say it is in your support documentation! Your docs: https://support.anovaculinary.com/hc/en-us/articles/204567894-Why-is-my-cooker-beeping-

1 Like

2 ways to stop the beep fron the app. When it tells you the food is ready, click ok. Should stop the beep.

Option 2 is to edit the time. It might take doing it twice to have the time adjustment to stick.

1 Like

Iā€™m here to WARN anyone who is thinking about buying an Anova. If I can make the choice again I would never buy it, itā€™s an utter crap and the official team obviously have no ability to fix anything except making the phone app more and more unstable, after so many years.

I usually used Anova to cook eggs before I went out to gym. When I was in the gym, my neighbors called
the police once just because it kept beeping with extremely annoying high pitch noise when the waterline is below the minimum requirement, and the app quit automatically when I was working out, didnā€™t get any notification, and lost connection to the cooker when I re-opened it. When I was at home doing something else in another room, it beeps after the cook is done just like anybody else who complained above, I donā€™t usually have time to go to the kitchen and turn it off because I was busy with something else more important like in an online conference and the app loses connection or lags very often, so I had to endure the beeping noise for quite a while which drove me nuts.

And not to mention the app is never improved, outdated design like years ago, with more and more bugs and I had to look for an old version to work with it properly.

I donā€™t recommend this to anyone. Iā€™m selling it, Iā€™ve given up hope to the team and support.

If you have babies, pets, older people or anyone whoā€™s not capable of handling the cooker when you are not at home, DONā€™T BUY IT, go for something else that wonā€™t kill the one you love by the most annoying noise from a cooker.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the latest with this Hunter?

You mentioned in November 2016 that you would pass the huge amounts of feedback in the Community about the timer to the Developer team. That was two years ago and yet thereā€™s been no update since.

Where is this in the priority queue? Has it been added to a development sprint? Even huge companies, full of bureaucracy manage to complete development quicker than this. Anova is a start-up. Surely that should make you more agile and able to respond to your customers requests more quickly than this.

1 Like