Can you freeze ingredients

I was wondering if you can freeze your ingredients in a vacuum bags then thaw and cook?

Definitely, if you have room in the freezer this is a great way to save some money and cook for 1 or 2 people. For example we go to the warehouse store and get deals on steaks, hamburger, chops,etc. I will then seal them individually and freeze. I am finding that we do not eat as much meat anymore and one steak is perfect for 2 of us.

1 Like

Another thing I do is to thaw the food in the water as it is coming up to temperature. With frozen food I start with hot tap water and add by the time the temperature is stabilized for cooking the food is thawed. For really thick pieces you may need to add some additional time for thawing.

This is MOST DEFINITELY an option, and @john.jcb is so right about this being a great way to save money and prevent food waste if you have the space. Many of our customers also cook directly from frozen by adding an extra 30 minutes or so onto the prescribed cooking time! Try it and let us know how it goes for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like