Cod Loins and Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops

This is a simple recipe that is posted many times in foodie recipes. Put two 7 ounce Cod Loins in the bag with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, Kosher salt and capers, also a little caper juice. Let them sit in the fridge for 2 hours. Meanwhile I cut 3 thick bacon slices down the middle lengthwise and used this to wrap 6 sea scallops pinned with toothpicks. Seasoned scallops with lemon juice, butter, garlic powder,Tony Chachere’s Cajun seasoning. Sprinkled lightly with Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Set them aside and got the Anova Precision going at 131 F and let the cod cook 30 minutes. Scallops sauteed in a black iron skillet with more butter and then finished with a butane torch on the bacon. Basmati Rice with saffron and green peas and some sliced black olives for garnish. Makes a nice picture and very tasty! Thanks Anova

2 Likes

looks DELISH! so, did you not put the scallops in the sous vide?

I did not Sous Vide the scallops. When bacon wrapped, all you will need is a hot skillet and some butter or Ghee to baste scallops which overcook if you take too long. Living in Florida, I have learned to not overcook scallops or shrimp… after doing just that. LOL I did use our butane torch to finalize the crisp on the bacon.

thank you for your quick response! i can’t wait to try this recipe!!

thanks for sharing!

I’m partial to lime instead of lemon on scallops (along with butter and garlic). The lime doesn’t take over the flavor of the dish as much as lemon does.

I think lime is stronger flavored. But to each his own. Enjoy!