Connecting more than one mobile device to APC Wifi

This feature along with 5gig connectivity is a must. The last update that I can find is dated in Jan 2017. This is mid August 2018… Any update on this…

My last update has been posted above and has not changed - we anticipate having the multi-cook feature released by October of this year.

Will this be a firmware update or will we need to buy a new unit?

I will be a firmware update.

1 Like

Looking forward to it! Will this update allow both multiple devices and also multiple accounts to access the same ANOVA? My partner and I have multiple devices and want to be able to login using our own ANOVA accounts, therefore have our own favourites in the app, own settings etc, and link our Google Home/Assistant devices separately. This is quite common with IoT devices and Google Home. Or even if it’s a primary account to set up the ANOVA and to link to Google, then with an option to “Share” control to secondary ANOVA accounts, which is also a common approach.

Is this firmware update going to cover all of these, or just allowing a single account to connect from multiple devices?

That would be different than the Multi-Cook feature we’re focused on right now. Since it would just be one app that supports and controls multiple units. I’ll talk to the team about multiple apps/phones to control a single device. I’ll get back to you on this.

Oh wow, @AlyssaWOAH have you actually even read this thread that you’ve been contributing to for 18 months??!!!

Not one person is asking about being able to control multiple ANOVA units from a single phone. They are all very clearly looking to be able to control a single ANOVA unit from multiple phones, how have you missed that over so many posts over such a ridiculously long period of time. It’s mind boggling.

Perhaps this is a lesson in listening to your customer’s experience and what they want, rather than focusing on ANOVA’s sales objectives? People want some very simple, basic and ordinary control over the unit they have already bought from you. They are not looking to buy more units from you!! Perhaps is your company gave them some more confidence that you would look after their needs in relation to what is really only a trivial enhancement, and should be a basic requirement of your software, then maybe they would buy more units.

As it is, you’ve been telling people that have posted 40+ posts in this thread that the October release will fix their issue. But now it turns out that it won’t! It’s a completely unrelated issue. That’s pretty appalling customer service. Insulting even.

2 Likes

Was actually addressing your question. See below.

What we’re focused on right now:
1 App → Control many units

What we’re not focused on right now:
Multiple app accounts → controlling a single Anova

If I missed your question, clarity is always welcomed.

@AlyssaWOAH So forget my other question, it’s clearly causing confusion.

What about the actual subject of all the people in this thread?

2 or more phones, controlling a single ANOVA (without having to re-pair each time you switch).

2 Likes

Here is what the OP originally asked:

As repeatedly mentioned above, as it currently stands, the Anova Precision Cooker can only be connected to one mobile device at a time.

I’m not sure why we are misunderstanding each other - yes, the OP is asking about the same thing I am, and the others in this thread. Yourself and HunterC both reply that it currently doesn’t connect to two phones, but that is on the roadmap, and coming soon.

Then on July 20 this year, you reply to @Marcjulcar. He was asking about the same feature as me and the OP, ie connecting from 2 phones to one APC. Your reply was - “You’re in luck, multicook feature will be release this October.”

But you now seem to be saying that this wasn’t true, and the October update only includes a feature which isn’t being asked for in this thread.

So is the 2 phones/1 APC feature still on the road map? And if so, what is the new ETA?
Colin

2 Likes

Yeah, there may have been a misunderstanding. My comment about MultiCook coming in October is still true. But it may have been irrelevant to @Marcjulcar’s question. Definitely admit to my error. I’ve confirmed, the feature where you can control one cooker with multiple phones is unfortunately no longer on the roadmap.

Amazing… So you definitely won’t be implementing such a basic and necessary feature that I couldn’t even believe it was not available since the first day??

And on the other hand you launch a feature pretending us to buy more devices… :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Topic has been answered - will be closing. If there are any new updates regarding this feature, I will definitely update. Thanks all.

1 Like