Connecting more than one mobile device to APC Wifi

Wish I’d known this when I’d bought it. Glad I’m still in the 60 days, put it that way.

I’m hoping they implement soon. Having multiple devices and users was something I also though was already available.

Hi all,
I also would like to add my vote for this idea. At home both my wife and I use our APC and it’s quite annoying to have to go through all the pairing process every time that the other person had used it.
This feature would be very nice to have.
Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Please implement this feature…

Hi.

This has been promised for a loooong while. :astonished: This is fundamentally preventing a simple family to share cooking with the Anova. Currently, it’s either mom or dad who has control of the Anova. It can’t be mom on Monday and dad on Wednesday. OR if you sometimes want to use your phone, and sometimes just use the iPad, you currently can’t.

With the WiFi version, you should simply be able to be logged in on the account, and then any device should be able to control the Anova.

Please Anova - live up to the marketing that this is a “wicked smart” device and fix this simple thing… :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

+1
What is taking so long? Am I expected to buy another device for my wife? Is so, it´s not going to be another Anova if this is how you respond to requests for a simple yet important feature. :thumbsdown:

I’ll update you when I get more info.

You guys should really figure this one out… among other things. The below will be the content of my Amazon review.

I’ve spent a collective 2 hours dorking around with this device. It is extremely frustrating that it does not work well unless you have a 2.4 GHz WAP with a password that does not contain special characters and happens to be the first one found by this device. Next I tried to connect to the thing using my wife’s phone once I got the App on hers… wow… I’m really bothered now.

1. No special characters in your WIFI Password. This is egregious. I spent an hour resetting every device in my house for downgraded security
  2. You cannot select your network. I couldn’t even set up a second SSID for this device to bypass 1). LAME
  3. You cannot connect multiple owners signed into the same account on different devices… across… you know, the Internet
  4. The process to drop one and reconnect with a second is really clunky and horribly time consuming… as to almost prohibit changing between users on a normal basis… it is also not documented in the very scant documentation and troubleshooting guide.
  5. There is no function to set a timed start time. This is a nit to which I cannot complain too much as it was not a promised feature, but geez it’s a connected device that runs software… wouldn’t this be a feature that people looking for advanced functionality, and remote connectivity would be looking for?

At this point I wish I had bought a dumb device and found alternate ways to achieve a situation that doesn’t frustrate the household

1 Like

Many things in the IoT (Internet of Things) world only connect via 2.4 GHz and require no special characters in the WiFi name or password. This is not limited to just the Anova. I’ve been making my home a Smart Home. I’ve encountered this with many products.

The wifi specification states that all printable ASCII characters are allowed in passwords. This includes letter, digits, and special characters such &, $, @, and so on. The only reason for these not working is programmer ignorance.

1 Like

While that may be true in a perfect world, keep in mind that many products are not made in this country. I have many smart home items in my house. Plugs, switches, hubs, cameras, etc. I have found this to be true on many of them. As a result, I’ve actually set up an additional router that is just 2.4 GHz. It has a simple name and a completely alphanumeric password. (I really didn’t have to buy a router, I had an old Belkin lying around.) Since doing that most of my things connect better.

Hi @HunterC do you have any update on the topic?

@JosephR there are no updates on this.

We need this and I would have to wager it is a simple re working of authentication on the device software itself to change the number from 1 to 2. Please add this feature considering your product is great but I need to control it from more then one device. This seems like the 1990s with a tv remote. We are in the world of multiple users being the norm: no more aol online email for the whole family…

Thank you for your reply. I hope this gets resolved sometime but honestly I don’t have much hope for it :frowning:

What’s wrong with walking up to the Anova (which, presumably you have just set up, so you are standing right next to it), dialing the temperature you want, and pressing the start button? Then set a kitchen timer or a timer on your phone when you want to stop the cook. That’s a low-tech and ultra-reliable solution that works right now. No software required whatsoever. No phone either…

You are right, michihenning, low tech will work but if we were wanting the low tech solution, we wouldn’t be spending the extra bucks for Anova Bluetooth or Anova WiFi. We could just use a MySousVide MY101 and save a bunch of duckies. There is more to the app then just starting, stopping, and adjusting the temp. The app has guides that will actually set the Anova for us to cook something. The ice bath notification is in the app if we want to do a delayed cook. It is about better utilizing the Anova for cooking dinner.

2 Likes

Just got my Anova, connected to Android phone and then tried to connect to my table and to my dismay I can’t do that.

It looks like its be about 1.5 year since this thread was stated that it was on the road map. So is Anova on a 1 mph road? This is quite disappointing (and yes I do understand I can do it manually, but that not what was paid for). I use a tablet for setup of cooking because its bigger and easy to use in the kitchen. I use my phone for status of remotely turning on or off, so its my remote device. I control my Ecobee, Tado, Smoker, cameras, Smartthings etc with multiple devices but Anova can’t do that. Maybe they should find a new coder. Have you guys thought of IFTT (If Then That), Internet of Things?

For those want something to happen, usually a corporation takes action on things that cost them money. So bad reviews on Amazon, all the Sous Vide reviews out there etc may get some action.

I will wait and see what the response to this post is and then decide what next steps will be.

I think the device is a good unit but it looks like BS responses have been going on for awhile.

Thanks and looking forward to a positive response,
Pat

2 Likes

It’s simply unvelivable that this was not supported from the beginning. But is even more astonishing not having solved it after more than a year and a half of complains…

We spent 15’ disabling and enabling wifi and BT in my girlfriend’s phone so that she could reach the Anova through the internet and thus control our long cooking dinner while at work. Until I got tired and checked the internet to find this topic… Crazy!!

Please fix it ASAP, this is a total no-buy!

1 Like

You’re in luck, multicook feature will be release this October.