Faulty brand new Anova pro

I literally just plugged in my new anova pro machine with excitement only to realise that the buttons don’t work.

The worst part is that I have to use it for client work. I read reviews about the faulty machines Anova sells but decided to go against the reviews I have read. Livid is an understatement, I am in shock that a brand new product out of the box does not work. I do not know what to do regarding my work.

Anova, thank you for ruining my day, night, and weekend. At this point, I just want my money back. I will never buy an Anova product as long as I liv.

Please contact support.

I have found that contacting a vendor gets a better positive result than airing a negative comment on a forum.

I’ve had a couple of issues with Anova products. My 2019 APC arrived without a clamp. I contacted Anova support and they promptly sent one out. I recently purchased the Pro while it was discounted and the temperature on the one I received was not accurate. Again, support was great about it and sent me out a replacement. Sometimes there are problems with products. Nothing is ever perfect, but I’ve found that support at Anova is great about correcting the issues and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

I am yet to feel that love from support yet. I asked for a UK toll free number to call and haven’t had any response to my email yet.

I am unimpressed with Anova to say the least

Did you explain the situation, or just ask for a UK number? They may not have a phone number that you’re looking for. Unfortunately, not every company (or most) in the zoo has toll free numbers for every country the sell in.