Fill water tank indicator with full water tank

My brand new APO is asking me to fill the water tank when I try to use the steam function, but the water tank is already full! I’ve tried to reinstall the water tank a couple of times but it keeps asking me to fill the water tank. The steam function initially worked after I received the oven but broke down on the third day when I wanted to bake bread :frowning:

Anyone else had this issue?

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. Got my oven today. Extremely disappointed given the price.

Are you still having this issue?

Had the same issue. There is a indicator on the led bar/handle. Push this and the problem is gone

APO owners should consider the engineering and technology they have for such a low price.

A Miele steam oven costs about $4,600 and the similar size of commercial Rational Combi-oven costs $11,300.

Actually that wasn’t my fix.

Touching the icon would make the error go away but it kept coming back 5 to 10 minutes later.

I did this like 8 times and it was driving me nuts.

Finally, what fixed it for me was I had to slide my water tank back and forth slightly so that the white release plunger at the bottom would move in and out.

I did this until there were no more bubbles and I haven’t gotten the indicator icon yet again.

1 Like

Ive tried moving the tank as suggested. Have tried to turn sous vide off and make it 100 degrees and 100% steam ut still asks me to fill tank when its full

For anyone receiving this message, firstly try the suggestions here: https://support.anovaculinary.com/hc/en-us/articles/360060458152-My-Oven-is-showing-fill-despite-the-tank-being-full

If the above doesn’t work, run the descale program with plain water, this is what resolved the issue for me.

Just started to happen with my 18 month old oven.

Did a plug out Power OFF
Just did a descale (with solution, because it was ‘the time’)

After pressing the ‘Fill’ it typically works fine for 2-3 days.

Yes, mine has always said “FILL” no matter what. I have gotten to mostly ignore it, but today, when I really needed the steam, and had it on 100 percent for the “no fail” rice 101 recipe, I got no steam, and consequently, the rice did not cook, since the temperature is quite low. Then, one of my husband’s caregivers who uses the oven told me that he found that when it didn’t steam, you needed to press the “fill” button (which is on even though the water container is only about an inch down from the top. Sure enough, I pressed it, and then steam emerged. I had to press it quite a few times to get enough steam to finish the rice, The rice was a big disappointment, after all the raves and I’ll go back to my normal perfect method. Twice as much water as rice, add a little oil or butter and salt, bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and immediately cover pot and cook for exactly 13 minutes. Perfect rice every time. But in the meantime, what’s the deal with the “fill” indicator?