Incorrect 15A plug used on Australian APO

Is there something we can assist with?

And the saga continues…

New oven delivered. Old oven unable to be picked up by the courier due to insufficient paperwork being sent through. The RMA barcode means nothing in the Toll system.

I’m afraid travel adapter for converting amp is not legal and safe. You risk explosion and fire in the house and will not be able to claim any insurance. You should use something like ampfibian from Bunnings. I really don’t know what to do, I am wondering if the product is worth the effort. I had a Miele steam oven which is a couple of years old for which I paid $3,500 and have not re-installed in our new kitchen pinning my hopes on the Precision Oven, now regretting my decision when I think of the steam oven sitting in storage and now not fitting the new location!!!

This is what happens when young US companies :cowboy_hat_face: are venturing into worldwide sales unprepared :see_no_evil: , most of the times it works but when it comes to aspects related to safety and security … national legislations are a killer

The power adapter is NOT converting amps. The oven IS 10A. It simply, mistakenly, had a 15A prong attached. The oven itself, to be clear, IS 10A.

Please email support@anovaculinary.com for further explanation and to share your concerns.

I guess, I should use it for real, and see if it leaks.

tutuappvip.co

I guess, I should use it for real, and see if it leaks.

New oven arrive a couple of weeks ago. Got the email to switchover so unpacked the new one to get them switched and 15 amp plug on the replacement oven.

Thanks.

Hey guys, I notice these ovens are available to order within Australia. Does anyone happen to know if these ones come with the proper Australian plug? Has this issue now been resolved?

Don’t you have power sockets in OZ? 10A is quite low for a kitchen. No nearby Aircon line you can get power from? My inductions draws 3000W with no worries, it didn’t came with a plug and I connected it directly to the wall outlet.

Sorry not sure why no one has replied.

They have for some time come with a 10A plug. The normal plug for 240V.

You do realise we’re on 240V here???

The 240V version actually has a higher wattage rating than the 120V version.

If you want anything higher than 2400W you need a sparkie to wire it in (e.g. my induction cook top is 7400W.

Thanks. I’ve placed an order, might take a while to arrive due shipping delays. Look forward to the day it arrives.

Yes, they do come with proper AU plug!

1 Like

Thanks, my order is in. Looking forward to its arrival.