Is it ok to place the oven on a wooden surface?

Just wondering if there was a lot of heat coming off the bottom and if we need a heat resistant placemat or something. Thanks

Mine sits on a 1/2-inch piece of plywood because my microwave shelf isn’t deep enough. Seems to be fine so far.

Thanks!

You’re welcome!

Small piece of advice: Don’t put it on any wood that you love. I have found that my steam vent does steam the plywood a bit. It’s plywood, so I don’t really care, but I would have been upset if it had been sitting on exposed, finished cabinetry.

I’ve got mine on a wooden computer desk. It has a nice finish, so I cut a sheet of thick clear Mylar to cover it, trimmed to fit, to keep the steam from damaging it.

I don’t think there is much bottom heat. But there is steam which will make the wood wet, and it may expand. I would protect the wood. Maybe with a silicone mat or something.

the heat on the bottom is not bad… the steam vent on the front right is really bad for nice wood close by

I had my oven on top of an oak worktop for several weeks before moving it onto a catering rack following a few kitchen changes.

The oak worktop was unaffected by the oven being on top of it.