Is it ok to place the oven on a wooden surface?

Just wondering if there was a lot of heat coming off the bottom and if we need a heat resistant placemat or something. Thanks

Mine sits on a 1/2-inch piece of plywood because my microwave shelf isn’t deep enough. Seems to be fine so far.

Thanks!

You’re welcome!

Small piece of advice: Don’t put it on any wood that you love. I have found that my steam vent does steam the plywood a bit. It’s plywood, so I don’t really care, but I would have been upset if it had been sitting on exposed, finished cabinetry.

I’ve got mine on a wooden computer desk. It has a nice finish, so I cut a sheet of thick clear Mylar to cover it, trimmed to fit, to keep the steam from damaging it.

I don’t think there is much bottom heat. But there is steam which will make the wood wet, and it may expand. I would protect the wood. Maybe with a silicone mat or something.

the heat on the bottom is not bad… the steam vent on the front right is really bad for nice wood close by

I had my oven on top of an oak worktop for several weeks before moving it onto a catering rack following a few kitchen changes.

The oak worktop was unaffected by the oven being on top of it.

DO NOT PLACE ON WOODEN SURFACE. It did THIS to my countertop! With NO mention of this being a danger in the User Guide!

I really wish it would have mentioned this in the user guide! This was directly beneath the bulge near the center of the bottom of the Anova Precision Oven! Yes, that is the countertop SCORCHING and BUBBLING.

It is generally not recommended to place an oven on a wooden surface without some form of heat protection. This is because ovens can generate a significant amount of heat, and the heat can damage the wood and potentially create a fire hazard.

You should use a heat-resistant placemat or trivet underneath your oven to protect your wooden surface from heat damage. Alternatively, you could place a sheet of metal or other non-flammable material between the oven and the wood to provide a barrier against the heat.