Moving to the UK will my north american sous vide machine work

As title says Im moving to the UK and would like to know if my north american anova sous vide machine would work with a UK adapter down there?

Please advise and if so any special adapters?

We don’t advise using your Anova with an adapter, as this could void warranty. My best suggestion here is to purchase the Anova Precision Cooker with the plug you need.

Probably not, due to voltage differences. You’d need a voltage transformer probably. I wonder if anova accepts exchanges in such instances?

Well thats what i would like to know, my warranty is up so Im not worried about voiding it. But I would to know if it would work with a simple converter, but you seemed to have answered that for the most part. Thank you!

Do NOT plug in the Anova in the UK with just a plug adapter. If you do, the Anova will be toast, because you’ll be sending 230 V mains voltage into a unit designed for 110 V. That’s instant death.

Because of the fairly high power consumption of the Anova, using a step-down transformer isn’t a cost-effective option. It’ll be cheaper to buy a new Anova for use in Europe than to buy a step-down transformer.

Michi.

“the Anova will be toast, because you’ll be sending 230 V mains voltage into a unit designed for 110 V”
I’m from the UK and I know this problem, unfortunately. My American friend has sent me Anova as a gift but neither he or I didn’t know about this issue. The life of my gift was very short…