My experiences after a few weeks

I received my replacement unit today via FedEx and I’m happy to report it does not stink! Thanks, Anova!

1 Like

Glad it all worked out. Very sorry that was even an issue in the first place!

1 Like

@Mark_Nicolson do you happen to remember which William Sonoma location? Would like to look into this. You can respond here, or just DM me.

Have the same stinky problem.
Replacement request filed. Let’s see how it turns out.

Cheers
Armin

Well I was looking forward to treating myself to an Anova for Christmas but I’ll pass at least until all the niggles are resolved and the old stock has filtered through the system. Perhaps time to look elsewhere :frowning:

I have had two Anova (one Bluetooth and one WiFi). They both came from Target. I had no issues with any odors when using the devices.

I received a brand new one Anova, 3 days ago.
I had the same annoyance as you.
Just open the box a very strong acrid smell and my throat was irritated. Just manipulating the Anova the same smell stick on my hands.
Nevertheless, I try to used it for simply recipe, 45 minutes. The smell invade all the house, I had to open doors to evacuate that odour.
I don’t know what it is but it’s very very unpleasant. It’s simply unusable.
Very disappointing.

You need to contact support to get a replacement unit.

It’s pretty obvious that Anova has had a bad batch of units where the curing of the rubberized coating on the head unit wasn’t treated properly…causing it to outgas considerably.

I’m sure they’re looking into it…not much anyone can do but get these units replaced. Hopefully they’re isolating them in the warehouse and having them removed from circulation.

1 Like

Hopefully they’re isolating them in the warehouse and having them removed from circulation.

Pun intended? :grin:

Exchange is dispatched. Tension is rising! :wink:

Cheers
Armin

Relacement has arrived. Only a slight newish smell which seems to vanish after a few hours of usage!
Man I am so happy!
Thank you Jona for taking care of my case!
Cheers
Armin

1 Like

I’m so happy we got this whole thing resolved for you! Enjoy your cooker. :slight_smile:

@AlyssaWOAH

Thank you! I am! :smiley: Wanted to post pictures of the actual cook but I can’t upload and get them into a post (which worked the other day). They are uploading but then not showing in the post. Problem with the forum? I tried it with Firefox and Edge.

Cheers
Armin

Dry aged porkchops at 58°C for 80 Minutes. Next time I will go down to 56°C

Cheers
Armin

1 Like

Looks pretty much perfect, with just a hint of pink. You definitely won’t get that kind of texture with a frying pan!

I love my Anova. It never had a smell. It seems that the customer service is really good at replacing the smelly units.

Quick update: Anova customer care was amazing and replaced my stinky unit. New one has arrived yesterday and has no smell.

Also worth mentioning that a few friends also purchased units around the same time and theirs didn’t smell. Must just be a bad batch.

Cheers!

1 Like

Woops! Sorry I didn’t get to your question yesterday. Yeah, there’s an upload limit. Glad you were able to put them up!

If your pictures are too big and hit the upload limit, you can go to Resize Image and make the picture smaller. It’s quick, it’s easy, and even better, it’s FREE. If you are on a Mac you can command+shift+4, then select the part of the screen that you need. That’s a quick way to make it smaller.

Same here, received Anova 900Watt unit as gift during Prime sales. Ran it as soon as I received it and the aweful plastic burning smell filled my apartment. Let it sat on my patio since and just firing it to start my Xmas turkey at 2am on 12/25 for tonight’s family dinner. Unfortunately, same situation again…OMG I can express how disappointed I’m!!! Going plan B hope my friend isn’t using his PolyScience unit today.

Can’t wait till Anova do a full recall on this “bad batch”.