My experiences after a few weeks

@FLU Hey! I just responded to your message about this. Please email us at support@anovaculinary.com. we’ll get you a fresh new replacement!

1 Like

I love a positive response from a corporation. It is always pleasant to deal with Anova.

Same here in Germany… I have received my WiFi unit last week and it stinks… I am not able to use it inside because my whole house stinks after chemicals and cheap china plastic and my wife didn’t allow me to use it any more.

Hi Alyssa,

Happy New Year! Understanding my case was in mix of the holiday season; however, your colleagues from warranty department has yet reach out to me. Would you mind re-forward my case to them again please? It’s been couple weeks now. Thank you!

1 Like

Happy new year to you too! Can you tell me your ticket number?

Hi Alyssa. I have the intense and lingering plastic smell issue with my new cooker as well, but I purchased mine through Amazon, so I have to return it through them. Any suggestions on how to get another one through Amazon without the smell? Thanks in advance.

You can still get it resolved directly with Anova support, even though it was purchased through Amazon.

I’m late, but I want to confirm that after to I contacted the support, Anova sent me a new one in 10 days.

2 Likes

Wohooooo!:slight_smile:

I received a “Stinky anova” this week. To the point where I had it stored in a closet, and my wife sifted through the entire house until she found it- and moved it out into the garage. It smells TERRIBLE.

The end cap was VERY DIFFICULT to remove. Nothing to do with what direction it was turned in, I was convinced that this part wasn’t designed to be removed. That felt wrong, because I was able to see what looked like the rotational ‘threads’ and keywayss that were supposed to let it come off.

It wasn’t until after I googled “anova stink” and found this thread that I realized that it was actually built to be taken off. I’m a rock climber, and I pride myself on my grip strength- but this piece nearly got the best of me. Finally I got it “unstuck”, and now the piece comes on and off with a minimal amount of effort.

So nothing to do with “the wrong direction”, there is a batch of these is difficult- I suspect the plastic was ‘melted’ or notched into the keyway.

Yeah, they’re all like that - the end cap is initially very difficult to remove, but once you’ve un-stuck the factory installation, it’s reasonable. Obviously everyone’s experience with how stuck is different.

I hope you e-mailed/called support to get that unit replaced!!! No-one should keep one of the units with the faulty rubberized coating curing.

Argh sorry about that stinky Anova! :poop:

Send support an email to support@anovaculinary.com and they’ll take care of you.

1 Like

I do have an email in to support at this point in time- it was an amazon order rather than an Anova order, so getting the warranty information sorted may be a bit difficult at first, but the device has been out of box for 3 days. (And 2.5 of those have been spent confined to the garage.)

Looking forward to a unit I can keep in the kitchen- it made a delightful dinner for Valentines day.

Even if you ordered from Amazon, Anova customer support will still help you out. We have a 1-year warranty, so that won’t be an issue. They’ll be sure to swap out your unit with one that doesn’t stink.

My Anova kept stinking so I sent it back after 3 sessions to my Dutch dealer (www.v-nix.nl) last week.
I haven’t received an answer yet but I really hope they will replace my Anova as soon as possible.
Is there anything else I can do to speed up the exchange, @AlyssaWOAH?

@MrlnGnnng what was your ticket number to support?

@AlyssaWOAH I didn’t mail to support. I received a new cooker yesterday from my Dutch dealer. Going to try it tonight. Really hope this one doesn’t stink. Thx for your reaction!

You should be able to tell as soon as you open the box - it was a problem of the curing of the rubberized coating on the head of the unit that was causing the smell.

Oooh okay! Hope this one goes well.

Looks like the new one is from another batch. Didn’t smell and connected to my wifi with no problems. (I didn’t succeed connecting the other one to my wifi.) So I’m happy :slight_smile:

1 Like